A Wall In An Eclipse

Just looking for comments on a recent build. It's temporary due to some miscalculations when I was building the box so I may be looking for suggestions when I start over in a few weeks.

Here's the original setup coming out - 4 12's and a pile of MB Quart mids/highs. The day before I starting pulling it apart, it hit 143.2 with 2 old RF 200 DSM's pushing the subs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The original plan was to put 4 Kicker CVR 15's behind the seat. The box is a little over 12 cu.ft. and it was going to be a tight squeeze.

Here's the new box... built in the car, and uses the floor of the car as the bottom of the box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know, it's ugly but I got an extra cu.ft. from this little addition.

Posted Image

This is where my plans changed. The face of the box wasn't big enough for the 4 15's I bought, had to settle for 3 instead... life goes on.

Posted Image

Reinforced and fiberglassed.

Posted Image

Face plate installed and inside of box has been fiberglassed.

Posted Image

Now that it's done, I'll take it to a show in a few weeks to get it on a meter to see what it can do (the T1500.1 is only running at 2ohms and turned up about 1/2 way - it didn't even get warm afer an hour of testing). After the show, I'll probably rip the face off and fix any parts of the box I destroy in the process, then replace it with a wedge so I can get all 4 15's in, drop the amp down to 1ohm like I originally planned and go from there.

What do you think?

Now that it's done, I'll take it to a show in a few weeks to get it on a meter to see what it can do (the T1500.1 is only running at 2ohms and turned up about 1/2 way - it didn't even get warm afer an hour of testing). After the show, I'll probably rip the face off and fix any parts of the box I destroy in the process, then replace it with a wedge so I can get all 4 15's in, drop the amp down to 1ohm like I originally planned and go from there.

What do you think?

sounds like alot of work. but im sure its worth it for more bang and higher numbers. goodluck with it.

610EUROs

Looks sick man, should be really loud too.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Archived