New Enclosure For 4 12" L7's

Today I got the opporitunity to start the build of a new enclosure for the TB. I was playing with some calculators a while back and from different ones got a small variation, but somewhere in the tuning range of 26-30 hz....way to low, ports are too small. I redesigned it to play at 40 hz.

The box specs are H:22" W:45" D:28"

The center port is 6x26.5

This should take me about 2 1/2 weeks to finish assuming nothing delays me. But here is my progress so far:

Got all the wood cut

Posted Image

Posted Image

I took a pic of this edge to show the new stuff I tried out. It's called Construction grade PL, deffinately works better then any kind of wood glue or liquid nails I have tried thus far. I pushed the first 2 corners together and they stuck together without even being screwed down.

Posted Image

I have a square (well more rectangular, but you ge the idea)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That was Saturdays work, easy part is out of the way, lol.

Here is where Sunday got me:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Glassed, the garage was 35degrees, seein as how it was -17 yesterday after the wind chill, took a while for this to dry. I will be tilting the box like meade on 45's to get the rounded corners, I just will not be able to get to it until Wednesday.

It is still very sloppy but after it dries, I will be sanding it down. Come on, thats cotton like matt isn't easy stuff to work with.

Kenwood kdc-x993

Autotek MM100.4

Fosgate power 6.5" components

Time for something new

im definately gona peep this build when i get home cause im at school and have red xs.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

more more more i might have to try that if its better then wood glue

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

I hope to have it done in about 2 weeks, there is still a lot more to come with this build B)

nice progress.. keep it going

Thanks man! I am banned from the shop until Wednesday though, the woman was mad i spent the whle weekend there, lol. I am deffinately a picture whore, so more will be comming.

im definately gona peep this build when i get home cause im at school and have red xs.

proxy servers ftw! lol, j/p I know they prolly have em all blocked by now.

more more more i might have to try that if its better then wood glue

It is deffinately messier to work with, be careful, it tends to dye your hands black, on top of that, the PL on my hands got glassed over, lol. they are a mess. The acitoner worked great, but it still dried enought o have some stick.

Kenwood kdc-x993

Autotek MM100.4

Time for something new

yea, pretty much all the proxies are blocked. ive tried lol. lightspeed blows ass.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Yeah, right about the time i got out of school was when they were takin all the proxies out, only other way is to have someone make a proxy site for you with better scripting that the internet can't pick up on, even then it's really not worth the time n effort.

I suppose I'll put up some pics of electrical upgrades.

The alternator is an excessive amperage 300 amp alternator, it's a great peice and have had no problems with it!

Posted Image

The new is the left one (if it wasnt obvious)

Posted Image

And here it is installed

Posted Image

The stock location battery got replaced by an optima yellow top 3100 series battery (the one in the back)

Posted Image

Had to mod the location, took out the box the batter sat into and cut it basically to the very bottom of it and the bettery was still too tall to fit right side up

Posted Image

i do also have the BIG 3 upgraded in 1/0ga wiring.

I will be picking up several Kinetik HC2400's for the back, but ran short on cash from unexpected bills. (a few weeks ago i caught some Marlboro lights on sale buy one get one free, the first time I've seen it in 3 years, so i jumped on all 7 cartons, lol)

Kenwood kdc-x993

Autotek MM100.4

Time for something new

Archived