stumped on the wiring

Hey guys to start i have a new RF 500.1. I put it in a 2005 Chrysler 300. So i out the power and the ground to the Battery sence it is in the trunk. but ev ery time i turn on the amp I pop the 2 amp 30 amp fuses. i disconnected the rcas and the remote from the deck so all it has is the power and the ground i jump the remote from the power and the 2 fuses popped again, But when i take the amp to my shop where i have a test bench. i hooked it up to a 12 Volt battery and ran the power and ground from the battery, and jumped the remote it turned on with n o problem. any ideas....im lost same setup just one in car and one out

reverse polarity? All I can think of. If it's blowing fuses straight from the battery in the car, then you might me shorting too.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

could you reword what your talking about so i (and we) can understand what you are trying to say. (there are a bunch of typos in the second and third sentence.)

edit:

your battery needs to be completely disconnected, negative of first, then positive off. Run the power from the battery under the hood to the battery positive on the amplifier. Then run your ground from where ever your amp is (i.e. if it is in the trunk, ground the amp in the trunk to the FRAME or the best place possible.) to your amp. Put the remote turn on in and reconnect the battery, positive first, then negative.

I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THE SECOND SENTENCE(So i out the power and the ground to the Battery sence it is in the trunk.) SO IM NOT SURE WHAT IT MEANS, LIKE IF THERE IS A BATTERY IN YOUR TRUNK? OR POWER WIRE FROM THE BATTERY TO TRUNK?

Edited by I like kicker

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

He means "put the power and ground to the battery since its in the trunk". And cars do not have frames and the best place to ground would be the battery.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

sounds like you're grounding out somewhere, check all your wires to make sure that you dont have antything touching metal, my smp did this and my remote wire was grounding out on my frame, stumped me for a while and then I checked it out and found the problem.

<div align='center'>03 RAV4

18" DC Level 4 XL

Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge

AudioQue 2200D

6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz

DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT

1/0 BIG III</div>

all your imput sounds good but i dont thnk it could be grounding out since all i have is a 24 inch power from the battery(which is in the trunk on the new chrysler 300's) and a 24 inch ground from the battery. To rule out wiring from the front like the remote, rca, and the remote gain, i dissconected everything except power and ground. then to turn the amp on i just used a small piece of wire to jump from the power to the remote turn on, and all it does is blow the fuses. now i have hooked up a set up on my bench and i can turn it on with 13 volts but then it drops my set up down to 7 volts. But the amp stays on. not really true sitiation since it drops to 7 and the car stays at 12. so is the constant 12 popping it. so i think i covered everything. please giv e me some more feed back guys im running out of options. thanks alot.