Sundown Audio

xx colossus ii bust

dugee81

so just got my hcd3 in the mail, got the box made ya ya ya and while trying to make it all fit in my trunk, i noticed something sounded loose inside of the amp. took of the bottom plate to find that a capacitor fell off. if i send this in to dB-r, will they have to replace all similar capacitors ? i read online that it is recommended to switch all of them out if youre replacing one. i dont quite want to spend $200 on a one piece problem. the amplifier worked 10 minutes before on my friends CVX, right before i took that out and put my box in.

img00029201102061535.jpg

img00032201102061539.jpg

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Shouldnt have to change all the caps, thats only if they're old. Fets you always change all of them for sure if you cook one.

If you still want to change the caps then go for some with better ESR ratings.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

i would replace it myself, i just am not sure exactly. last time i tried soldering was to mod my xbox. even though that was 4 years ago and my first attempt at soldering, lets just say i threw that xbox away the next day. and is there a + and - side to the capacitor? i really do think it would be a simple fix, but i just dont want to do something and make this thing a permanent paperweight.

img000312011020615381.jpg

thanks for the responses, guys!

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Yes, they have a + and - side. The legs left on that are too short to do anything with.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Hammerdown... 1%

if a replacement cap cant be found.. i have ideas..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...