Jared420 Posted February 7, 2011 Report Posted February 7, 2011 Anyone ever put a sealed box on the meter i'n an ext cab truck? If so what were you running and what did you put up for numbers? 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
chubalicious Posted February 8, 2011 Report Posted February 8, 2011 Anyone ever put a sealed box on the meter i'n an ext cab truck? If so what were you running and what did you put up for numbers? Are you looking to be loud or are you looking for ight clean bass? If your looking to be loud i recommend using a ported box. Has better db results
RAM_Designs Posted February 8, 2011 Report Posted February 8, 2011 If you want a sealed setup that can hit low, look into the 15" Dayton Reference HF or 12" Mach 5 IXL SL. Like Chub said, if you're looking for more overall output ported is the way to do. Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script> 2200+ designs since March 2011...
Jared420 Posted February 8, 2011 Author Report Posted February 8, 2011 More looking just for nice clean bass just wondering if people have had any good results sealed 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
RAM_Designs Posted February 8, 2011 Report Posted February 8, 2011 More looking just for nice clean bass just wondering if people have had any good results sealed Back in the day sealed walls were king. Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script> 2200+ designs since March 2011...
chris_67005 Posted February 8, 2011 Report Posted February 8, 2011 Sealed used to be all I ever used myself and was really happy with it until I got better speakers and found a good box builder. I put 2 12inch type R's on a Kicker 750.1 in a sealed box in my girlfriends car cause she wanted something that wasn't so loud. I was really shocked at how loud it ended up being. One would've been plenty for what she wanted! I had a 12 inch kicker solobaric in a sealed box in my old truck and always got really good complements on it. It was loud as hell for what I had pieced together back then. Kinda just depends on what you have and how much power you have to throw at it. I always ran as much power as I could and used the lower end of the speaker's recommend enclosure size. Don't know if that's "practical" or not. Prolly get bashed for saying it but hey, I never blew a speaker and was always happy with the result.
Sir-Lancelot Posted February 8, 2011 Report Posted February 8, 2011 I ran 2 15" SSA Xcons in 6cf sealed and they were amazingly loud. Excellent bottom end and transient response was off the chain. Loved them in a sealed box. 2001 Yukon XL Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2 Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2 Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480 Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket Kinetik - 6 HC2400 My Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.