A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

Hell yea dude.

Skillz

damn dude, nice.

Epic skills!

and you also have a place to smuggle drugs :D

Thanks guys. I've been focusing on this rack a bit extra in this build. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm pretty stoked about how it's coming out. Being that I didn't have any room inside the truck because of the box size and wanting to keep the third row this location was my only real alternative. Because of this extreme location it's best to take some time and do it right, what ever that it. :P

Are you going to have an arching problem with the batts being that close to the frame? I wouldnt think to but you might want the cover the + side somehow just to be safe. But that looks sick as hell man i love the batt rack. And you have some nice machine skills.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas. Sorry for slow goings. Things seem to be coming back on track, fingers crossed. :) I got my battery hold-downs cut and now I've got to bend them. Easier said than done, but here is the catch, they're cut from 1/4" steel. :o Here goes:

Here is a pic of the hold downs and my weenie vise.

DSC03376.jpg

Here's the part in the vise ready for bending. If you haven't guessed by now it's the little tangs that need bending.

DSC03377.jpg

Haha, had you going, you thought I was going to use the hammer for this one. :P It's the power of leverage that will be utilized for this one. Yes, my arms are that effing hairy.

DSC03379.jpg

Bam, tang bent. It was easier said than done. :) BTW That orange tube is from a bottle jack. ;)

DSC03380.jpg

Here's a close up of the little f*cker. So why the tang to begin with you ask? Well, I figure I could use a little something to keep the batteries spaced away from rubbing on the threaded rod and each other. This seemed like a most elegant solution.

DSC03381.jpg

Here is the hold down in place.

DSC03384.jpg

The whole shebang. Solid.

DSC03386.jpg

The whole bunch together for a family portrait. :)

DSC03388.jpg

More on the way. :)

Damn man, I'm lovin the rack! I almost don't believe you haven't done this before lol.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

great fab skills

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Damn man, I'm lovin the rack! I almost don't believe you haven't done this before lol.

Thanks. Although I've never done a stereo of this magnitude at work I do plenty of fabricating so it's not to far off. :)

great fab skills

Thanks. :drink40:

Beautiful Job. That battery rack is well-laid out. Awesome

Thanks. I hope I never have to do one again.

very nice man, lots of work into that rack

Thanks. I just hope one day I'll be able to install a stereo in this ride. :P

Archived