A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

I got some more work done today. I started painting some of the brackets and reinstalling them. One of the first ones to get done was the fuse holder bracket. One thing I did was put a dab of silicone on the fuse holder mounting screws. Just a little added security to prevent arcing since the bracket is mounted directly to ground.

DSC03633.jpg

Here is a shot of the fat silicone bead I put down to seal the wiring chingadera.

DSC03634.jpg

I also put a bead of silicone one the backside of the wiring chingadera for good measure.

DSC03635.jpg

Here it is the wiring chingadera installed for good along with the cable grommets.

DSC03637.jpg

I also got the grommet plate installed. This is where the wiring to the amps will pass through.

DSC03638.jpg

With the grommet plate installed. I could now look at where the wiring from the battery rack is going to run to the amp. I got the rear row of the amp rack in with the batteries and buss-bars. Here is a shot of the positive side. The three bolt heads are where the cables are going to connect to. Right above them on the body I marked where the fuse holders will bolt to.

DSC03640.jpg

The negative side is done in similar fashion. Instead of fuse holders I use some modified cable hold down brackets. Here is a shot of the evolution of the 4 cable hold down morphing into a 3 cable hold down bracket.

DSC03642.jpg

Here is a shot of me making do with what I got. The heads of the screws I'm using to mount the fuse holders are too big to fit in the fuse holder counterbores. Since I don't have a lathe at home I used the next best thing, a cheap drill press and a file. If you dare try this yourself careful not the hit the drill chuck with the file. The last thing you want is to kick back the file into the palm of your hand. :P

DSC03645.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the installed fuse holders and ground cable hold-downs.

DSC03649.jpg

DSC03654.jpg

Here is a close up of the positive side with the batteries in place.

DSC03656.jpg

And the negative side.

DSC03657.jpg

:ninja:

Got a little work done today. I worked on the cabling from the battery bank to the amp. Lets start off from the battery bank to the fuse holders on the positive side. Here is a shot looking forward through the real license plate opening in the rear bumper.

DSC03674.jpg

Looking up from the ground.

DSC03676.jpg

Here is a shot from the amp side of the fuse holder going up and through the floor.

DSC03684.jpg

Now lets take a look at the negative side. Here we're looking through the rear license plate opening .

DSC03672.jpg

A shot from the ground looking up.

DSC03677.jpg

Here is a shot of how the cables work around the body and in between the frame cross-member to get to the opening in the body floor to get to the amp.

DSC03686.jpg

DSC03687.jpg

Lastly the cables through the floor and into the rear cargo area.

DSC03689.jpg

For those wondering, the white stuff is baby powder. I cant emphasize enough how dusting the cables and grommets with it will make fishing the cables through the grommets so much easier.

:)

Damn that looks nice! You sir are one patient man! You gotta be getting close now!

Btw I may "borrow" some of your ideas!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived