Sonic Electronix

Firing subs into cabin with seats that don't fold down

If it has a ski-hole you can achieve some pretty good results firing through that with a pseudo-6th order.

Otherwise... eek. Get your sawzall and look for build logs where other people have chopped the deck to get some ideas.

i chopped the deck apart. subs back port up just guna seal it off completely this weekend should be a bit louder. as far as firing the subs forward, why would you want to unless your seats folded down? my seats done fold down and theres plenty of pressure from the subs.

mJzD9.png

If it has a ski-hole you can achieve some pretty good results firing through that with a pseudo-6th order.

Otherwise... eek. Get your sawzall and look for build logs where other people have chopped the deck to get some ideas.

You could post some pics of the BMW :-P

Anyway, OP, here ya go.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

just so you know most systems that fire back in trunks are louder and lower than facing forward with the windows up

while thats true, it only matters if you ride around with your windows up 24/7. and with forward you can squeeze out alot more room in most cases. just sayin

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i have 2 cvr facing toward the back. my rear deck used to be rediculas from vibrations, but i cut 2 square holes in it to increase airflow to the cabin, and always have my armrest down.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

check out my olddd build log of my taurus, i made a box where my port extended through my arm rest, i just cut it all out. it sounded gooood for what i was running.

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."

Ok, seems like i'm getting a lot of mixed reactions here. Some people telling me it would work fine even with the seats, and some people say, no way it would never work. So, I don't know that the heck to think! Does anyone have any pictures or build logs of some builds similar to the one i'm trying to do? I know it will work because Steve Meade sat in my car, and listened to my system, and recommended that I flip the box around, or build a new box, fire it into the cabin, and seal it off from the trunk. Just sayin', this is his website, and he recommended it to me! :) I'm just now getting to where I have the time and money to do something with it.

If you are not willing to cut anything: Sub Back, Port Back.

If you are willing to cut the rear deck: Sub Back, Port Through Deck - or - Sub Back, Port Back.

If you are willing to remove your back seats or make them foldable: Sub Forward, Port Forward AND Sealed Off Into The Cabin.

Based on your questions, you are not going to want to make a 4th or 6th order. I'd go with option 1. if I were you. The sound pressure is simply going to be trapped in the trunk with the seats up. Chopping a "vent" in the rear deck would help with that. It's all on what you are willing to do.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived