Sonic Electronix

Car battery goes down sometimes, need help

Did the person who owned the car before u have this problem? cause i absoulutely assumed that this was professionally installed, idk why i made that assumption, but unless the previous owner had this problem, id say the electrical system was already upgraded to work with that many devices. again, you may need a new battery. Take it to autozone and have them test it on a batt tester to see if it's good.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

do you ever check to see whats your voltage?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Get a xs power d3100 search it and buy a stinger volage meter so u can be cheking tr voltage

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

It's a 100Ah battery so it's about equivalent to 3 stock batteries. It shouldn't be going flat over a couple of days unless it's completely ruined from being run flat several times, or there's something staying on in the car.

Switch it all off then go around all the bits and pieces and look for lights staying on on the amps or the playstation or something.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

that battery under the hood probably is not stock, but it just wont be able to handle all the components you are trying to run. just like trying to pound on a 3000 watt system with stock electrical. even if there isnt a parasitic leak occurring, the battery and alt just wont be able to handle it. i say you look at a new alternator. ?

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

that battery under the hood probably is not stock, but it just wont be able to handle all the components you are trying to run. just like trying to pound on a 3000 watt system with stock electrical. even if there isnt a parasitic leak occurring, the battery and alt just wont be able to handle it. i say you look at a new alternator. ?

I'm from Portugal, so I cant go to autozone, or buy a d3100...

I'm going to have the battery checked with the engine off to see the voltage

Regards

there is a lot of crap in there, and judging by the carpet thrown over the amps to hide the wires... i wouldnt be surprised if something wasn't done correctly. i would look for a parasitic drain like the others have said.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i am assuming the playstation is being ran off of a power inverter. even with the car off, it still pulls a small draw that can slowly add up. adding a relay to it will help that problem. dont know if the shop that installed this setup did this. ask them. nice set up by the way. probably cost a grip to do.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

• 1 month later...

Hello. Sorry for the delay in response, but I bought a voltage meter through ebay and it took a lot of time to arrive. I measured the voltage of the battery with the engine on and off:

Engine off: 12.50v

Engine on: 13.60v-13.65v

I also went to a car shop before receiving the volt meter, to have the battery tested, and they said it was ok, there was no problem with it. Although, I don't know the values they got.

As for the playstation, I have a button that cuts the power to it, since I never use it, the button is always on off, and no power goes to it (I know this because if I switch the button to on, the red led light on the playstation lights up immediately).

Regards