Second Skin Audio

I f*cked up my box....

built a custom 3.8 cu ft box for my Fi Q15 tuned to 32Hz. This is the exact box I built:

Q15ported3.jpg

Basically the hole that I cut is about 1/4 of an inch too big, maybe a little bit less. Its not like the woofer is about to fall through, but not all of the screws are securely in. So because of this, there is a good bit of air leakage coming out the left side of the woofer. I've got a buddy who said I could try to screw them in at an angle and it might work. But if it doesn't, what do I do? Would I be able to just make another baffle and screw/glue it on top of the current one? I just don't want all the work that I put into building that box go to waste. What should I do? :(

Edited by canderton01

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

another baffle or just a ring to go under the sub. about 2-3" wide.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

get another sheet of wood and cut it out 23 5/8 by 17 1/2, and cut your circle again but just a little smaller .. :)and glue and screw on top of it

:werd_msword:

DO NOT let your buddy screw them in at an angle you will most likely make it worse there will be weak spots in the wood and it wont last long before the sub beats the box to hell i learned this that hard way

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

get another sheet of wood and cut it out 23 5/8 by 17 1/2, and cut your circle again but just a little smaller .. :)and glue and screw on top of it

:werd_msword:

DO NOT let your buddy screw them in at an angle you will most likely make it worse there will be weak spots in the wood and it wont last long before the sub beats the box to hell i learned this that hard way

x2 don't have him screw them in at an angle not really your best option, use it as a last resort if you don't feel like making another sheet to put on top of it...

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Yea I think I'm just gonna try and do the double baffle. Its just kinda hard for me to cut the hole b/c I'm measuring the circumference the old school way with a string attached to a screw in the middle, and I'm cutting it out with a jigsaw on top of that. I'm just a broke 19 year old college student so I have to work with what I have lol

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Yea I think I'm just gonna try and do the double baffle. Its just kinda hard for me to cut the hole b/c I'm measuring the circumference the old school way with a string attached to a screw in the middle, and I'm cutting it out with a jigsaw on top of that. I'm just a broke 19 year old college student so I have to work with what I have lol

use a scrap piece of mdf and cut it 20" long and drill 2 holes on either end exactly the cutout diameter of the sub put a screw in one end and a pencil in the other BAM you have a circle

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged