xXxOuTLaWxXx Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 That would be a better choice, yes. "i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac
hershy314 Posted February 19, 2011 Author Report Posted February 19, 2011 Then its settled, AQ1200 it is then. A bit more than that other amp, so will take another paycheck longer to get. I think it will be worth it and give me time to build the box for the subs. Ok so after thinking about it, I don't have the right tools to build an enclosure. Well onlything I'm lacking really is a way to cut the circles for the subs. So anyone have any ideas? Remember I'm piss poor lol. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Lost Legacy Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 do you have a jig saw? because it is possible to do the whole enclosure with that, it just requires a steady hand and a decent amount of filler lol. if you can, borrow the tools you need from a mate or something Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/ Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...
Bakerman Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 My first was a best buy special. 2 insignia 12's, on an insignia 500w amp. Was a great system, lasted forever.
Swaggasaur Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 Then its settled, AQ1200 it is then. A bit more than that other amp, so will take another paycheck longer to get. I think it will be worth it and give me time to build the box for the subs. Ok so after thinking about it, I don't have the right tools to build an enclosure. Well onlything I'm lacking really is a way to cut the circles for the subs. So anyone have any ideas? Remember I'm piss poor lol. Karate chop that shit like Chuck Norris BHE Wall Build TEAM DC Audio TEAM XS POWER1986 Monte Carlo KMC Nova's 20"4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones2 DC 5k'sPioneer PRS 8010 Audio Technix 6 XS Power D3100's 1 XS Power D3400 Mechman 220a Alternator
89capricebass Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 My first set of subs was actually 4 of those woofers in a sealed box ran of 2 JL 500/1's. It hit pretty hard for what it was. AQ just started selling the aq750's that would work alot better than the aq1200. As previously stated these subs do not like being overpowered at all. Here is the link to the 750. Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door HU: Kenwood KDC-X395 Front Highs: stock Back Mids: Stock Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz) Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg
hershy314 Posted February 21, 2011 Author Report Posted February 21, 2011 nope don't have a jigsaw or really know anyone who has one nearby. closest person who has one is about 4 hours away, not about to drive that far just for a tool. can't karate chop that shit, only chuck norris could do that lol. the aq750 looks like a good fit. im thinkin bout just getting a prefabed box, but far as i know...for the most part they suck. so not sure what to do right now. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
hershy314 Posted February 21, 2011 Author Report Posted February 21, 2011 So the other day I was talkin with a friend at work, I told her I finally got my subs. The first question asked, did I get a box to go with them. I told her no, I was going to build one myself. Aparentlly when she gets her car and puts in a system in it (which she really wants to do). I think it will sound bad. I dunno if I could do any better with my set up, but I'm taking the right steps. I'd like to help her do it right, but with two jobs....my own build time would be hard to find. Plus she has a jelous bf, I'd hate to kick his ass (ok not really...) Anyways I'm just gonna work my ass off and get the stuff for my ride. Peace! http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
langsdon2 Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 Yeah definitely dont get the aq1200 for those subs. That amp would tear those subs apart Bang em if you got em
langsdon2 Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 Yeah definitely dont get the aq1200 for those subs. That amp would tear those subs apart Bang em if you got em
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.