Second Skin Audio

24" Subwoofer - It's ONLY $ 12,500

redbaron80

Ferrari will beat it on the track, everyday again and again.

The GT will only win in a straight line.(dragrace)

See what i mean?

THe jackhammer is a good sub, since they didn't do like audiobahn and put a normal motor behind a huge cone.

They rebuild the whole woofer from top to bottom, it's a beast, like the T15k from RF.

T15k is also waay to big, "only" does 15-18kw for it's size.(a SD 16k does the same, at a quarter of the volume needed to install it.)

I'm sure the Jackhammer can be loud and keep on playing for a long time on high power(6-7+k watts) without blowing.

trash....they don't even have specs on that thing

dc Lvl6 doesn't has any specs.. so it's trash too? :facepalm: :drink40:

But the T15k also has far far superior tech behind it. Also being over 100% efficient making power at 300amps as opposed to 2000amps.

Over 100% efficient and superior tech... You're just being sarcastic I hope, right? Great amp for sure but lol.

As to subs taking the power before the jackhammer, there was that one in the bread truck..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

@Redneck302, your defending of MTX sounds like my defense about another brand that gets trashed by this forum, except the other brand has kept it consistent for the past 12-15 years with no regrettable products in their lineup, lol, jk. I think this huge sub is pretty cool & would love to do a build with one, I heard one of the older Jackhammer's in the MTX enclosure in one of MTX's demo vehicles, not sure what was going on with the truck, but he wouldn't turn it up, so I couldn't get the whole experience. But I think the technology behind this sub is impressive, like you said, there's not very many companies out there who would have invested the r&d dollars to create something like this, mad props to MTX for that. These subs aren't built for everyone, just like high end cars aren't for everyone. There's always gonna be people who think something extravagant like this is stupid for even existing(while I know there's speakers that cost much, much more, in the car audio world, this is about as high as it gets). I see nothing wrong with these companies pushing the envelope, its just like any other industry, there's one flagship product that trickles down technology to the stuff that's with the realm of the rest of us. I just wish MTX would do something about their amp lineup, its lacking in the power/reliability department... OK, OK, now the rest of you guys can flame my post with predictable opinions and favoritisms...lmao

See what i mean?

THe jackhammer is a good sub, since they didn't do like audiobahn and put a normal motor behind a huge cone.

They rebuild the whole woofer from top to bottom, it's a beast, like the T15k from RF.

T15k is also waay to big, "only" does 15-18kw for it's size.(a SD 16k does the same, at a quarter of the volume needed to install it.)

I'm sure the Jackhammer can be loud and keep on playing for a long time on high power(6-7+k watts) without blowing.

But the T15k also has far far superior tech behind it. Also being over 100% efficient making power at 300amps as opposed to 2000amps.

Over 100% efficient and superior tech... You're just being sarcastic I hope, right? Great amp for sure but lol.

As to subs taking the power before the jackhammer, there was that one in the bread truck..

I may not be that great at remembering my electrical math, but 10,000 watts @ 300 amps @ 14v is far beyond 100% efficient?

See what i mean?

I may not be that great at remembering my electrical math, but 10,000 watts @ 300 amps @ 14v is far beyond 100% efficient?

Here, let me spell it out for you: Nothing is ever 100% efficient or greater. The amp is 70-85% efficient. 10,000w is 694.4 amps of current draw AT MINIMUM. 15KW is 1041.67a.

The T15K is a bank of large capacitors attached to a big amp and a current limiting device. You could run it flat out at 15KW for approximately 1 minute before it would run the bank dry and be limited to about 4,000w RMS (350A * 14.4, * efficiency). If you stopped the music the amplifier would not stop drawing 350A. It keeps drawing until the capacitor bank is fully charged again. Because music is often dynamic the amplifier can use the low output times to recharge its capacitor bank to provide extra power output at high demand times without seeming to draw more than 350 amps.

Really you can think of it like putting a battery before your amp but putting your clamp meter before the battery so it is not included in the power draw you use to determine your system draw.

The amp is nice. The technology (current limiting) is ok if you are using a dynamic audio source. If you need full output for a longer period of time you're screwed.

Just like the jackhammer. Its nice, but its overpriced.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

@Redneck302, your defending of MTX sounds like my defense about another brand that gets trashed by this forum, except the other brand has kept it consistent for the past 12-15 years with no regrettable products in their lineup, lol, jk. I think this huge sub is pretty cool & would love to do a build with one, I heard one of the older Jackhammer's in the MTX enclosure in one of MTX's demo vehicles, not sure what was going on with the truck, but he wouldn't turn it up, so I couldn't get the whole experience. But I think the technology behind this sub is impressive, like you said, there's not very many companies out there who would have invested the r&d dollars to create something like this, mad props to MTX for that. These subs aren't built for everyone, just like high end cars aren't for everyone. There's always gonna be people who think something extravagant like this is stupid for even existing(while I know there's speakers that cost much, much more, in the car audio world, this is about as high as it gets). I see nothing wrong with these companies pushing the envelope, its just like any other industry, there's one flagship product that trickles down technology to the stuff that's with the realm of the rest of us. I just wish MTX would do something about their amp lineup, its lacking in the power/reliability department... OK, OK, now the rest of you guys can flame my post with predictable opinions and favoritisms...lmao

Word.

Finally somebody else looks at things how I do, and how it should be looked at.

People past judgment WAY to much, and usually don't know what they are even judging.

But /thread.

See what i mean?

Not really, Stevil has explained why.

Can't compare T15k to any normal amp.

People doesn't appreciate anything, and we wonder why the youth the it is.

RF T15k is a amazing piece of work, just like the topic at hand.

Is it something we could live without, sure.

But still, its sweet seeing companies actually doing something different.

Anybody can do the same thing over and over.

Plus the R&D from the T15K wasn't wasted, as its technology founds it way into other projects and I'm sure will find its way into new products.

I was just giving a (not so good) example just like you did ;)

Every company wants to build something extraordinary so they can show their skills and technology, that's what the jackhammer is.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

wait...so the t15k plays 1 minute..then power drops??

so steve only gets 1 minute full power music

or ami retarded lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

or ami retarded lol

It would get 1 minute if it ran only on the internal capacitors, and that is if you were lucky. Probably less.

Since it runs off both the internal capacitors AND the batteries and alternators you provide it will make full power up until you run it long enough to drain the internal bank and are running only on "external" power.

Hammerdown... 1%

shit'em all you want, until anybody hears one, how can we really comment. Damn shame its not made buy a popular internet brand.

havent heard the square ones, but ive heard round one in two different setups. it moved alot of air but it was far from impressive for the price youd have to pay. one build was done by a shop another done by an average joe btw

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

or ami retarded lol

It would get 1 minute if it ran only on the internal capacitors, and that is if you were lucky. Probably less.

Since it runs off both the internal capacitors AND the batteries and alternators you provide it will make full power up until you run it long enough to drain the internal bank and are running only on "external" power.

I would like to see a clamp of the first few seconds, then a few minutes later, as the whole time playing a sine wine.

Archived