Sonic Electronix

Ok so my system was sounding good for about 6 months 40hz @ 6cft for my 18" well I was getting tired of it and wanted lows. So I tuned to 36hz @ 5.25cft with 13sqinches of port per cubic foot. Well it hits hard and sounds good, but its still not hitting the lows! What freq do I need to get the best lows and still some highs? Dave from PSI said 5cft @ 35hz so thats what I aimed for.

Also when I left my boy at my friends garage. They were drunk and decided to finish the baffle. Their screwgun was dying so the first baffles screws were like quarter inch sticking out from the top,dumbasses glued the second baffle onto that and screwed it ovenright. Now I have a quarter inch between my baffles and I cant get the 2nd baffle off. If I use wood putty or liquid nails on the inside of the subwoofer ring to seal this gap and then I rhino line my box should it be fine?

Also I noticed my voltage drops a lot heavier now is that from lower tuning and smaller box?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

smaller box means less impedance rise so the amp is putting out more power. thats why your voltage drops a little more.

if you have a 1/4" gap venting air then who knows what the box should actually sound like. if you cant get that second baffle off then i would rebuild it. its not doing you any good as it is.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Yeah I figured :( man that blows haha $50 down the drain.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

want something done do it yourself. or hit up your wonderful buddys for fucking your shit up..

tune to 30 hz imo.. around 6 cubes.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

you made your box smaller, your tuning probably went UP not down. :shrug:

how big was the port before?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

See I dont know I used RE Box Tuning Calculator.. I didnt know about the whole 12-14cin per cubic foot until I built this box so I figured my last one was around 40hz the port was slot port L shaped it was a lot bigger than this port. Dave said 35hz @ 5cft do you guys recommend something different? Im going to go out and buy the materials today hopefully bang it out, ive failed 3 box designs so far :( so could anyone lend me a hand? Ive been using the Torres Calc and Sketch Ive been getting better but obviously not.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0

PSI 18" D2 (Dave said best @ 5cft 35hz and said it can handle between 1600-2000rms)

AP 1500.1D

Big III

Thats what my system consists of on the bass side right now. I guess just recommend what you guys think.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

I'd try tuning to 32-33 probably and I'm not sure about that sub at all but in Torres calculator aim for 5-6cubes net with 14-16inches of port per cube. Its all listed in Torres calculator

Sub up port out the back on the bottom

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

sub up port back on drivers side btw.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer