SilveradoGoesBang Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 I'm currently working on my nissian altima coupe (2010) and have a treo te and a 500 watt amp I would like to upgrade to a dc lv 4xl and a 3.5k amp. The problem with this is 2010 cars arnt the easiest thing to work with. The amp says I need to do the big 3 upgrade battery I'n front add one I'n back and upgrade altanator. Upgrading the altanator and doing the big 3 would void my warranty witch is not the best idea if something was to happen. If I ran a 3.5k amp and a lv 4 xl with just a upgraded battery I'n the front and a extra I'n the rear would it not be anygood without upgraded the altanator and the big 3? And if it would be okay to do could I add a second sub later and still be okay? Sorry this is so long I really need some feedback on this thank you for your time and the subs and amp will be dc's if there any cunfusion thanks again "SilveradoGoesBang" http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/ 2 FI BTL 18's CT Sounds 7k 2013 MidwestSPL Finals Xtreme 3 - 1st Place
bumonskateboard6 Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 What exactly about your warranty would be voided? If you upgrade your alternator the manufacturer of the alternator is responsible for it working, not nissan. Current Systems: 2011 BMW 335i Hertz HDP1 DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber 2002 Acura TlKenwood DNX9980HD2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 CoilsDC 3.5kHertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 RearHertz HDP4 AmpDC Power Engineering 260 Amp AltBig 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0XS Power D2400 Up Front i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch... going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box... Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth. A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?
iKidwell Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 there a reason you want to put 3.5k to one xl? do you for sure know what you're doing? because the 2k would do more than fine on the xl..and then you wouldn't NEED a new alt, but the big 3 shouldn't void your warranty as long as you keep your car's original wires there too. c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
MrSkippyJ Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 your warranty won't be voided. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Maxim Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 What exactly about your warranty would be voided? If you upgrade your alternator the manufacturer of the alternator is responsible for it working, not nissan. Some cars have a separate warranty for the electrical system. Any changes not done by technicians at a service center void it. My dad's 2010 Tundra has a warranty like that and he won't let me touch it, not even to upgrade stock speakers in it. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
Maxim Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 there a reason you want to put 3.5k to one xl? do you for sure know what you're doing? because the 2k would do more than fine on the xl..and then you wouldn't NEED a new alt, but the big 3 shouldn't void your warranty as long as you keep your car's original wires there too. Bingo. This is usually the work-around. And if there's any issues, you can always just take off the Big 3 and it'll be back to stock. wtf is lolcats? I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers. I was hoping for 150 . I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt
SilveradoGoesBang Posted February 19, 2011 Author Report Posted February 19, 2011 So could I run a dc 2k amp and lv4 xl with stock everything? "SilveradoGoesBang" http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/ 2 FI BTL 18's CT Sounds 7k 2013 MidwestSPL Finals Xtreme 3 - 1st Place
iKidwell Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 So could I run a dc 2k amp and lv4 xl with stock everything? no, i'd get the biggest xs battery you could in the front with at least a d1200 in the back c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
CJ18 Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 So could I run a dc 2k amp and lv4 xl with stock everything? No, you will still need to upgrade your front battery and do the big 3. I will also recommend adding a second battery in the back next to the amp, it doesnt have to be a big battery but just something back there to have a power source next to the amp. Check out my 09 Maxima. I have a 2k, 175.4 and 2 Level 4 10s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99857-cjs-dc-maxima-19-done-video-pg-7/ The only thing I did not do was the big 3. If I had more time before I had to leave for spring training I would do it but the location of my alternator requires me to find a shop with a lift to get to it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.