Sundown Audio

Audioque AQ750 released!

hdorre

alright ignore JL.. I'm talking 1000wRMS amps & UNDER!!

What about

MMATS

Crossfire

Earthquake

Arc Audio

soundstream

cadence

How about this... This RF amplifier P1000-1BD

1000wrms, better specs & i'm sure better support...

Almost the same price.. Why should I buy a AQ amp that does 750wrms for the same amount of money??

I think we got your point though...

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Heres my beef with this amp

it does 750w for ~200

you can have a 1200 for 250...

Thats 60% more power for 25% more money...

So either a)The 1200 is really affordable or b ) the 750 is a lil overpriced IMO

AQ is a good company none the less, and most likely what ill be using this summer, but 200 for a 750w amp is rivaling Bestbuy inflated kicker and alpine prices.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Heres my beef with this amp

it does 750w for ~200

you can have a 1200 for 250...

Thats 60% more power for 25% more money...

So either a)The 1200 is really affordable or b ) the 750 is a lil overpriced IMO

AQ is a good company none the less, and most likely what ill be using this summer, but 200 for a 750w amp is rivaling Bestbuy inflated kicker and alpine prices.

that's my point... Alot better RATED (sure specs don't tell the whole truth) amp for THIS price & WATTAGE...

So anybody looking at THIS amplifier, needs to spend their money in a better place....

sorry for my rants, but I hate to see people spend their money on just a brand, or just because it matches or because it's the new "forum" brand of the year...

Heck I wish I could buy my old earthquake D2 (original) back...I found it on eBay for $225 & it will sshhhrrreeedddd this amp :)

All im saying is why not spend the extra 50 and go up to AQ's next amp. I dont think you can at all compare AQ to boss amps and the like though.

My theory is this:

Everything has base price of course. Say an amp company offers a 1000w, 1200w, and 1500w amps.

It prolly goes down like this.

All 3 amps have roughly the same base as the intial 1000w amp

the company can add a few extra fets, caps really idk but w.e a few extra things to bump it up to 1200w

and a few more to go up to 1500w

So the cost of increasing output is minimal due to just adding a few things, therefore the next amps up can be had for only a little more money

however the cost of the base 1000w amp is much more than just a few extra pieces, therefore the price gaps offered to the public are skewed.

thats my take mabye im crazy

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

All im saying is why not spend the extra 50 and go up to AQ's next amp. I dont think you can at all compare AQ to boss amps and the like though.

My theory is this:

Everything has base price of course. Say an amp company offers a 1000w, 1200w, and 1500w amps.

It prolly goes down like this.

All 3 amps have roughly the same base as the intial 1000w amp

the company can add a few extra fets, caps really idk but w.e a few extra things to bump it up to 1200w

and a few more to go up to 1500w

So the cost of increasing output is minimal due to just adding a few things, therefore the next amps up can be had for only a little more money

however the cost of the base 1000w amp is much more than just a few extra pieces, therefore the price gaps offered to the public are skewed.

thats my take mabye im crazy

so a Boss, Pyramid, etc amp is not comparable...sure...

Your correct on what some companies do, they just add to a existing design.. it's tough to have $$$ for R & D...

I have seen, heard some AQ subs & one AQ amp... I hope it was the cheapest stuff as I was not impressed..I was told the first amp was DOA & second worked fine.. The subs were different stiffness, you can see them move but also feel with your hand.. That's what left a bad taste in my mouth.... I'm visiting several shows here soon & i'm looking forward to see what people are using... I'm interested in getting back into SPL comps & looking into different brands...hence the reason I found this thread.

No, two things can and will happen. Those who don't need 1200 watts can get something smaller for their use. And many others will say...might as well get the AQ1200 and those sales will increase. It would mean, by your logic that the JL1000.1 would only be $320 instead of $700. It doesn't equal half output half cost, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Internet price the JL 1000/1 is $400ish (original) & it puts out over 1K wRMS..

For the SPL guys over 2K watts, then these won't apply to you, that much..

But lets say a average joe on here wants some crazy SPL but he is on a limited budget...What to do?

When your talking a TRUE 1000w rms w/ 1500+ peak dynamic watts, you need a decent electrical system. Most of the time, a upgraded battery will suffice to keep it 12v+

When you use 98% of amps, when the voltage drops..so does your wattage & your amps pull more current. So your 1K-1.5K amp now loses 1/3 of it's power & could break due to lack of current....especially at 1ohm

Also at 1ohm you have the least control over your subs, unstable amplifier, and extra heat.

Beauty of TWO JL 500/1 amps... Run at 4ohms, amps run cooler, better control (SQ), ALOT more stable, & you DON"T loose wattage!

So your looking at $320 for amps, $150 for battery & you have a stable, GREAT sounding (sub/enclosure depending), 1K+RMS system that will play ALL DAY, EVERY DAY... for the average joe this is the best of all worlds..

For SPL comps, JL is NOT practical for large systems (over 4Kw)...

Nothing to see here. Keep it moving.

Lol.

Nice little amp.

Even though I've bought a Kicker ZX750 for less than 200shipped.

So it seems its really not a steal of a price. Not bad, but its comparable.

yeah but the aq can put out at 1 ohm. kicker only 2

Bang em if you got em

Nothing to see here. Keep it moving.

Lol.

Nice little amp.

Even though I've bought a Kicker ZX750 for less than 200shipped.

So it seems its really not a steal of a price. Not bad, but its comparable.

yeah but the aq can put out at 1 ohm. kicker only 2

Amp runs cooler at 2

Archived