DC Sound Lab

Overpowering 12" XL's

Xl can take about 2600 clamped power each.

Your amp combo isn't going to be anywhere near that.

I like them in 2.2 each with 44sqin each

And 2k clamped

I would bet with your 5k rms amp your only getting like 1800 total.

Rise is awesome..

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

man dont overpower, thats a terrible idea.

i would design you a box, but DC dosent put the VAS of the XL's on there site ~facepalm~

I dont know if u understand some subwoofers. Alot of The stats or numbers that compamies put on the subs arent accurate, just for looks, especially the lower end subwoofers. But dc subs are sick im sure you know but they can handle serious power

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

i would design you a box, but DC dosent put the VAS of the XL's on there site ~facepalm~

I dont know if u understand some subwoofers. Alot of The stats or numbers that compamies put on the subs arent accurate, just for looks, especially the lower end subwoofers. But dc subs are sick im sure you know but they can handle serious power

...what are you going on about man? i was just looking for the vas of the driver..... :ehh:

who mentioned anything lower end? i mean i know xplods cant handle 1600 watts, but how is that relevant to this topic?

the specs i was refering to are things such as the actual value of the coils, in Le, the Re of the coil, the qts, qes, qms, vas, and sd of the driver.........

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

...what are you going on about man? i was just looking for the vas of the driver..... :ehh:

who mentioned anything lower end? i mean i know xplods cant handle 1600 watts, but how is that relevant to this topic?

the specs i was refering to are things such as the actual value of the coils, in Le, the Re of the coil, the qts, qes, qms, vas, and sd of the driver.........

i think he was trying to sound smart. lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

not to thread jack but im doing to xl 10" on 2.54 cu ft. and that after port, sub, 45s and skeletal displacement taken into consideration

you think my idea of getting a dc 5k is a good idea?

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

not to thread jack but im doing to xl 10" on 2.54 cu ft. and that after port, sub, 45s and skeletal displacement taken into consideration

Long as thats for 2..thats fine

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i think he was trying to sound smart. lol.

A smart ass maybe. Lol. But i do know that companies inflate those numbers all the time

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Long as thats for 2..thats fine

yea its is thanks grrr need a 1.5" roundover bit for cheap n0w

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

i thought i told you, go for 2 cubes. play with the port but 2 cubes will get them moving pretty good. sorry, i know i didnt give a lot of good info. funny that budget says not to over power. after imp rise you could be down to 1000-1500w. thats not over powering them at all. plus tons of people run 3k to each XL and really dont have any problems with it. only way i fuck up my XLs is because i played a song i didnt know, hammered a lot note and ripped the spiders. the coil looked brand new. and those were about 1 year old.

Lol, I remember you saying 2 cubes when I came to you directly. I just figured i'd throw up a thread and see if anyone else that I didn't know about specifically had some good experience with these drivers as well. I've been reading 1.5 a lot lately so I just wanted to check. :peepwall: I should have known Ray had some testing done with these...

Xl can take about 2600 clamped power each.

Your amp combo isn't going to be anywhere near that.

I like them in 2.2 each with 44sqin each

And 2k clamped

I would bet with your 5k rms amp your only getting like 1800 total.

Rise is awesome..

Now in 2.2ft^3 a piece, you don't think I would have to worry about unloading after all rise on 20in^2 of port? I'll throw out there that i'll be buying one of the DC 5k's from the Jeep, to get which amplifier that I am running out there.

I have been hearing 1.5, and since I started this thread I have now seen 2 and 2.2, not to mention now 20in^2 of port per ft^3. lol Just wanting to make sure I read that right. (88in^2 port area/ 4.4 ft^3 net volume = 20 in^2/ ft^3)

My 15" XL loved to unload on my Crescendo while seeing 3.5ft^3 and 17in^2 of port. But I shrunk the box down to around 3.1 and still think 3 would work better, along with the 6" aero, and I can handle down to 28-29 before I have to watch the knob on drops. COMPLETELY different situation almost, but this port area and net volume figure is surprising me.

101_1139.jpg

What I am thinking about is make an interchangeable port build exactly to suggested specs and then making one with 16in^2 and possibly another with 14^2, then covering the entire face with a carpeted beauty panel to hide the t-nuts and bolts.... Hmmm... Better than saving up a few weeks and going through another box build. I've been debating on making a 28Hz port too, but we'll see. The tuning I am going to put my main focus on will be 32Hz.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

My 12" XL is in 2.3 net with a 6" aero tuned at 34hz on 2k. New setup coming is two 12" XLs in 4cubes with 80^inches of port. The current box can play down to 25hz and is fucking ear sex to me and those who heard it liked it

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff