Sonic Electronix

lol i can tell. i just dont understand why you are against it.

if i made a wall with six IDQs. what would you call that? wouldnt that be an sq sub that would be getting fairly loud? sql?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because most people using that term think SQ is a set of components off head unit power and by9s in the back. You know the Im going for a sql install not an all out groundpounder. It translates to me to I dont know what the fuck im doing or what im talking about and I cant afford to go big so im using this as an excuse. It is possible to have a great sounding car and have it loud. However 150 plus is a sensory assault. you're being vibrated shook and your ears are probably ringing. I dont see anyone picking out that cymbal or the sound of the snare drum. So yes you can do both in the same car. However doing both at the same time well..........

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Another thing. SQ is loud in its own right. to max out the SQ portion of the SQ comp is it not 140dbs? Thats very loud for anyone really. Ive seen alot of cars actually run seperate sub set ups for the sq portion and then turn something else on for the spl. Scott bulwadas 240 was that way. I think it was a 240 im showing my age now....

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ah. i gotcha.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

because most people using that term think SQ is a set of components off head unit power and by9s in the back. You know the Im going for a sql install not an all out groundpounder. It translates to me to I dont know what the fuck im doing or what im talking about and I cant afford to go big so im using this as an excuse. It is possible to have a great sounding car and have it loud. However 150 plus is a sensory assault. you're being vibrated shook and your ears are probably ringing. I dont see anyone picking out that cymbal or the sound of the snare drum. So yes you can do both in the same car. However doing both at the same time well..........

couldnt have said it any better, or without pissin someone off, myself lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

SQ and SPL don't go together.

They are opposites.

SQ=not only having a "concert stage" feeling, but also a correct reproduction of the music, exactly the way it's recorded not how you like it.

perfectly balanced lows/mids/highs and everything in between, you should be able to hear what kind of strings someone uses on their guitar.

SPL= creating the highest pressure possible on a certain spot in the "vehicle".

CnL= is a good definition, clean and loud.

SQ installs can get "loud", but they won't sound as loud to your ears as lower quality mids/highs. :peepwall:

:bull:

Once again... IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

Why didn't you read before you replied?

Because i work about 12-14 hours per day.. for the whole week, if i would read everything i wouldn't get any sleep. ;)

It isn't possible, you have a system that does sounds (very) good and get's (quite) loud.

But these aren't the definitions of SPL nor SQ. ;)

Whats the definition of SPL then? maybe 160+? Would that qualify?

yes...

SPL: means getting as much pressure and not sacrificing anything to get as loud as possible, no compromises.

Using extreme materials to achieve maximum pressure, since that is you're only goal.

You don't care about how it sounds on music, or if the pressure is spread over a wide area, you want it concetrated on a certain spot to achieve max pressure.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Im trying for both myself. I know im over 150 sealed now and I think the system sounds pretty damn good on music. It isnt an easy thing to do though. I wouldnt consider it a SQ vehicle at all. It is the best sounding system I have ever had in any of my vehicles. I am still working on the SQ part of the truck so its a work in progress. Im working on the front doors now so Im not even sure how it will sound in the end. For a set of 5.25's in the kicks the thing sounds pretty good IMO. Thats 100 watts per corner to the comps and 12,000 watts to the subs. Normally Im listening to music with my bass knob at 1/3.

I believe it's totally possible to have them in the same car as long as you modify the tuning depending on what you are looking for. (active)

In fact im thinking about making a center console for my truck with an idq 10" in it with a seperate amp and switch to use it for sq while using my DCs for daily/comps. Hertz speakers up front. :drinks:

General loving the Volvo btw.

Whats the definition of SPL then? maybe 160+? Would that qualify?

yes...

SPL: means getting as much pressure and not sacrificing anything to get as loud as possible, no compromises.

Using extreme materials to achieve maximum pressure, since that is you're only goal.

You don't care about how it sounds on music, or if the pressure is spread over a wide area, you want it concetrated on a certain spot to achieve max pressure.

So, extreme materials are used? So, its not possible for my truck to have a really nice SQ sound, and be loud as fuck? You are wrong... It can, and does happen... This isn't a matter of opinion either, its a fact... :drinks:

It is possible to be loud as fuck and to sound good.

But these aren't the definitions of SPL nor SQ.

It's not that hard... SPL is not the same as being loud as fuck.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived