Sonic Electronix

1-18" Fi BTL or 2-15" Treo SSX's?

On the fence of making a system switch. I am trying to decide between keeping my loaded Fi BTL 18 or changing it out for 2 - 15" Treo SSX's. I found a good deal on 2 SSX's for $700 NIB. I love my BTL, I have it in a Line-X custom enclosure and it sounds amazing SPL and SQ wise surprisingly. I use it daily but was wanting to enter some comps this summer just to see what I can do.

My question is: Are the 2 Treo's going to put up better numbers than the Fi? SQ wise I think the Treo's would win hands down. I have adequate electrical, voltage etc. to run either at their max RMS (currently running the BTL on a Powerbass xa4000d). The Treo's are D2 ohm so I would probably strap 2-2500rms amps of ?x?x?x? brand, would buy new ones.

What ever I go with would be used for both a daily and I would like to try some comps. I would not have to spend any more to get the Treo's it would be an even trade. I am also somewhat concerned about service if something were to happen to the SSX's, Fi has great CS. Basically, if I were to trade out for the Treo's would the difference be worth my time and effort or just stick with what I have? Just looking for some opinions as I have no experience with Treo.

Appreciate your input!

Ideally more cone area = louder. But I have no experience with the treo subs so I couldnt give ya a definite answer. But if they can handle the same power as the BTL then it will be louder.

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

I am curious to know the specs of said enclosure, placement, and vehicle.

Without factoring many things I would have to regretfully say you will probably score better with the SSXs...

But I don't compete as I live in Alaska and prefer the BTL =)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I would see the 2 15 being louder as they have more cone area and bro and ssx are comparable subs.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Nice choice on subs, I own both, an 18 BTL and a 12" SSX. The BTL is a monster hands down. and the treo ssx is only a 12" but that 12 impresses the shit out of me. I think 2 15" SSX's could very well sound better. I picked my 12" SSX up off craigslist for $200 and its the best $200 sub ive ever bought. If you asked about 2 BTL 15's or 2 SSX 15's i would say BTL, but that wasnt what you asked. good luck with what you decide on.

As far as customer service for treo goes, ive never dealt with them on a recone or anything but from what i have read around the forums they take their sweet time. Again, no personal experience just what ive read.

SMDSIG3.png

Beautiful build man! I have been looking all over youtube etc. for some vids just to see what they can do but not much luck. Pretty much thinking the same thing; more surface area=louder. Its tough to let it go because I just finished box but a good deal is a good deal!

I have a 2 door 03 blazer. I would either wall them or 4th order clamshell them (can't lose back seats because of kids.....damn kids, ha!) My current enclosure is 7.43 cubes glassed inside with 45ed corners and well braced, tuned @ 33Hz. Its coated in 4 layers of acoustical line-X. 8" port firing forward (drop 1 seat) due to lack of clearance firing it to the rear. I would post pics but not sure how on here. Here is a link for a "very long" slideshow I made of build log. My first video post so take it easy on the critisicm...lol.

Archived