My Fellow Competitors

Team Bassick - Kimo

How many Car Audio Competition Organizations do you compete in?

Are you loyal to one organization only?

Are you bias between SQ or SPL?

Personally I've been a loyal to db dragracing for over ten years. It was primarily based on it was the only organization available out here. As I got more involved I realized there were other organizations and what the differences were. I consider dB Drag to be my roots but, I ventured out and tried other organizations and found each was fun in their own way. Even tried out SQ and found that to be fun on whole new car audio nut level.

Unfortunately, I noticed a lot of competitors are skeptical. I suppose a lot has to do with the fear of change or the unknown. This is how I see it,"It was my hard earned money I used to purchase this equipment. I chose to compete, so why not compete at every chance I can." This simple idea allowed me to branch out a couple of years ago and have since competed in USACi, IASCA and now MECA. Both in SQ an SPL were applicable.

SO WHAT SPARKED THIS THREAD?

I just wanted to see where my fellow competitors were at about the subject but, primarily to see if my fellow competitors has had issues of one organization bashing another organization?

i do whatever competition comes around. my most loyal sanctioned event is NSPL. i think that's the fairest of them all. honestly i hate DB Drag but ill do it if its there. My favorite and most loyal non sanctioned event is PCA (Pulse Car Audio) Ric hosts a show every month and its always a GREAT time. nice trophies pretty fair classes and lots of different events to keep it interesting. i have competed in NSPL, MECA, DB Drag, USACI, IASCA, PCA, and a few local shops.

ill do it all..but my loyalty is to NSPL and PCA

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

That's a good point Kimo. When I started I only knew of USACi, and really enjoyed it. Then came across DbDrag and sucked at it cuz my rig didn't play well sealed up. Then came across MECA and sucked at it cuz my rig didn't have balanced musical staging and imaging. So I have begun to build my rig to fit into all of these venues. I still suck at MECA! I do ok in Drive by, but other than that, I suck. Of course my rig is built to kill in Psychlone, so that is what I concentrate on, but I still enjoy them all. This thread should be taken seriously by all, because Kimo is throwing out the feelers to all of us. For those of you that don't know, he has been hosting events and is working on building the sport, as well as creating more participation. I think it's important that you guys speak up. I see a lot of views on this thread, but not many posts. Maybe some of you guys are bassheads but not competitors so you stay silent, but you guys can definitely be tomorrows competitors. So here is your chance to speak up and be heard. Say what you like or don't like, what would you like to see in the future? Classes are added all the time, where would you fit in? We all want to win. Period. The competition is addicting, the new friends that we make are great, but in the end, we all want to take home the biggest trophy, so find your niche, come on out, and go for it. But most of all, keep it FUN!!! And best of luck to all.

2009 USACi State Champion Modified 4000+

2009 USACi State Champion Super Modified

2009 USACi State Champion StreetBeat 4

2009 USACi State Champion StreetBeat 5

2009 USACi State Champion PortWars Open

2009 USACi State Champion Super PortWars

2010 King of So-Cal SS5+ 2010 King of So-Cal Psychlone

2010 King of So-Cal BassRace 159.9

2010 State Record holder BassRace 157.9

2010 Regional Champion DbDrag SS5+

2010 Regional Champion BassRace 159.9

2010 Regional Champion Psychlone

2010 West Coast Points Champion

2010 World Points Champion Psychlone

Current World Record Holder in DbDrag Psychlone

2010 SBN Nationals 3rd place BassRace 159.9

2010 SBN Nationals 3rd place DbDrag Extreme 3+

2010 World Champion Psychlone!

Check us out on YouTube @ kingofpsychlone

So far I've done NSPL, dbdrag, meca, and pulse car audio.

Meca was the slowest moving show but I did have some fun... Just didn't understand why it took so long even though there were like 3 judges.

Nspl was the best show for me... It took a long time too but that's because we had so many competitors show up, even though alot never did nspl before. Fun time For sure.

Dbdrag -- don't really have an opinion on it.. It was there so I competed.

Pulse car audio - I can describe ot best as

Like an all star game. People wanna win but also just wanna have fun. EVERYBODY HELPS EACHOTHER.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

My views on the hobby as a whole and the local scene have 2 very different views. On the local side I got my start in usaci quite awhile ago when it was huge out here. Through the years I got into drag and now into meca as the formats seam to have cycles. I have always been the one to go to a show no matter the format, nor if it's even a sanctioned event. 2 mics in a parking lot is enough to get me out to a show. Unfortunately over the past few years, I made some business decisions that will more then likely keep me from getting back into serious competition. I continue to show support where I can and will help bring the new guys in to help grow the local scene.

On the Hobby as a whole, I can not even begin to understand what the owners of some Orgs are thinking. The few years i was trying to take competing seriously were some of the most frustrating years. Some of the best laid plans IMO were some of the worst executed events I have attended. The only upside was the people who also made the trip to these events. I think that even though there needs to be changes made to fits the needs of a changing sport, that maybe there should be some fresh eyes on the vision and direction of some of these orgs.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I started out in IASCA then db drag and bass race. I have done a few MECA events and held two state records in USACi last season. I think bass race is a very fun style and when I am at other events I like to see it being thrown into the mix just for fun.

Bass race through and through.

DOnt care for usaci as your head is never in the floor board and you don't ride arous bammin with your door open.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Bass race through and through.

DOnt care for usaci as your head is never in the floor board and you don't ride arous bammin with your door open.

Like your head is on the windshield huh ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived