Jump to content

Decent 3 Way Components


C.Sanchez.A

Recommended Posts

Posted

What I was originally planing on doing was buying a cheap 3-way set, do the fabrication. Then save up for a good set and just replace the cheap set. So, if any thing happens to the speakers during fab. it won't be a big deal.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Posted

Go with the cheap set I mentioned and run active. I'm sure you'll like them better than a 2 way set. It about a buck more, but worth it.

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

Posted

What I was originally planing on doing was buying a cheap 3-way set, do the fabrication. Then save up for a good set and just replace the cheap set. So, if any thing happens to the speakers during fab. it won't be a big deal.

It would just suck to pay double to money when you don't really have it, ya know?

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

 

Posted

What I was originally planing on doing was buying a cheap 3-way set, do the fabrication. Then save up for a good set and just replace the cheap set. So, if any thing happens to the speakers during fab. it won't be a big deal.

It would just suck to pay double to money when you don't really have it, ya know?

I will just sell the cheap set to my friend when I'm done with it (He is purposely buying Xplodes, because he likes the sound of them). Also, I find the knowledge I would gain from working with the cheap set beneficial.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Posted

if you have to think this much dont rush a choice. id say save especially if youre goin to just buy and replace. thats a waste of money

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Posted

if you have to think this much dont rush a choice. id say save especially if youre goin to just buy and replace. thats a waste of money

I wouldn't be upgrading right away. It would most likely be a year+

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Posted

New PPI Power Class is good and cheap... Still not in your price range though.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted

Hertz esk 163s for $350 on woofersetc.com. Then when you have money to spend on a good set buy the HSK 163 three ways. Or even the HSK 165XL 2way set and add their midrange 3" in a active setup. Look around on all the forums for people selling. Sometimes you can find the HSKs for the price of ESKs. Or eBay but chances are it will be older models or ones that didn't pass quality control with the company

2013 F150 Crew Cab



Old Build Log



Feedback



2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1089 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...