97SSBlazer

2001 Chevy Impala ~Katzkin inside :)~

408 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well I bought yet another ride. I sold my 99 Tahoe and my 93 suburban and decided to build a nice car. with skyrocketing gas prices I wasn't felling ~11 MPG anymore lol. I bought the car Friday (2-25-11) and it's still in paint. It's a 2001 Impala, Loaded minus leather and a sunroof, 130K, 3.8L, OnStar, Premium sound. Here are a few pics of the Impala.

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

The car was supposed to be done tomorrow but now it will be done Sunday. I bought new bumpers, headlights, tailights, spoiler,fenders and hood. The car was NOT smashed when i bought it but all the panels had dents so my painter just ordered all new panels. As soon as I get it back from paint I'm tinting the windows and picking up my new wheels. As fas as audio goes I dont plan on going crazy, I just want a nice clean decently loud system. I already have my equipment, 2 P3D412's, RF T2500-1 CP, RF T1000-4, 51 ft of RF 1/0, 3 pair of Alpine Type S 6.5 components. This car should sound great. I just have to leave my amp tuned all the way down lol.

Edited by 97SSBlazer

You sir have some expensive ass wire! B) I'm tuned in though..mainly because of the LED needles on the amps lol

another car! still have the burban and the camaro? or sold it?

thats the way to do it, just got the car and its spent more time in the body shop than at your house. what color?

what about the potiac? i think u might of said u sold it...

^^hes had so many cars you lost track haha

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Impala is being Two toned, Silver on top, Charcoal on bottom. I literally sat in the car for 5 minutes before leaving it to be painted. The car is clean inside and out, I just couldn't pass up the great deal my painter gave me for a clean paint job :)

LOL, Yes I have. I sold the:

(NICE CARS) BLACK Blazer to buy the Camaro, I sold the Camaro to buy the Burban, I sold the Burban to buy the Impala.

(Beater cars) Sold the Red S10 to buy the blue blazer, sold the blue blazer to buy the bonbeville, sold the bonneville to buy the Tahoe, Sold the Tahoe to help pay for the custom paint, wheels, and $$$$ in the bank :)

Edited by 97SSBlazer

You sir have some expensive ass wire! B) I'm tuned in though..mainly because of the LED needles on the amps lol

I love Rockford Fosgate, A little pricey but they make good products. I buy a 51' spool of 1/0 for every car I buy. Im not planning on having a crazy loud system again. I have had lots and have the awards to prove it. I dont want to blow out seals and brake everything plastic on my car lol. I just have to figure out a way to carefully tune my amps to not blow my P3D412's lol..

The Impala is being Two toned, Silver on top, Charcoal on bottom. I literally sat in the car for 5 minutes before leaving it to be painted. The car is clean inside and out, I just couldn't pass up the great deal my painter gave me for a clean paint job :)

LOL, Yes I have. I sold the:

(NICE CARS) BLACK Blazer to buy the Camaro, I sold the Camaro to buy the Burban, I sold the Burban to buy the Impala.

(Beater cars) Sold the Red S10 to buy the blue blazer, sold the blue blazer to buy the bonbeville, sold the bonneville to buy the Tahoe, Sold the Tahoe to help pay for the custom paint, wheels, and $$$$ in the bank :)

The reason I sold BOTH of my trucks is that the Tahoe sold unexpectedly for 3600.00 cash. That was a great deal for my truck so I had to take it. Once I had the money and I was car shopping I really just couldn't find what I wanted. So I called my painter, who also sells cars, and asked him what he had. He asked if I wanted to sell my 1993 shaved and murdered suburban and i said I would. I traded the the Burban and 2,300.00 cash for the Impala WITH the custom paint, Custom painted taillights, installing a spoiler, new OEM headlights, 2 fenders, hood, front bumper, Brand new tires and brake pads and rotors. The car was not in a frontal collision, however the passenger front door had a good dent in it. After a closer look he found dents in the hood and fenders so instead of filling them with bondo, he just replaced them... After all of this is said and done i still have about 3500.00 left. I'm going to be spending about 1,500.00 more for tint, wheels, alarm/starter, and my interior speakers. Thanks to working at a shop I can easily buy all of that and still have a lot of money left over....

The rest of the body parts for my car came today, and it has a front clip again. The car is starting to come together :). The rest of my audio equipment came in today too. I love the sound of the Alpine "S" line of interiors, This is my fourth car with them, So I am running SPS-600C's in the front and SPS-609 in the rear. I also bought my double din and my Python 592 HD alarm/starter. I am trying out the new Jensen VM9224 double din head unit, my shop just got them and im the first one to try it out.

IMAG0007.jpg

Become a member at www.naioa.com! I'm a member on there as well and I own a 2001 Impala LS myself. Love the car and you will love it too. 31mpg highway!!

NAIOA is very informative and I'm subbed to this thread!

Goodluck with your car!

Thanks billy. I have viewed that forum a few times already. I can't wait to get this car back. It's super clean. 31mpg sounds great after getting ~14 with my trucks. 3.8L ftw

hustling at its best, nothing wrong with that

two tone will look good on it :good:

hustling at its best, nothing wrong with that

two tone will look good on it :good:

Yessir, I haven't lost money yet :). I cant wait to see it with some color.