Do you think the armed LED actually deters would be thiefs?

I have the proximity sensor, glass break sensor, backup battery, and tilt sensor installed along with door triggers, hood trigger and trunk trigger plus I removed the trunk lock and disconnected the trunk release button so they only way in is with my keyfob. I think spending as much money as you have to on a alarm first is the smartest thing of any install.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Let's just say that if a thief wants to take your ride then they're gonna take it, no matter what you have in it. It sucks but it's true. And that's pretty factual info because I work with a guy that used to be a car jacker (so he says) and he likes messing with me telling me about how easy it is to take cars and he's describes a good amount of ways to get around things.

For that reason alone I can't really take my car anywhere.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

It might deter the rookie thief who's shakin' like Don Knotts before he even touches your car, but I doubt it causes much strife to a seasoned one.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

the LED deters amateurs and people who are looking to take what's in the car, like a wallet on the dash, or an iPod. Mine has scared off thieves twice in my life...I never mount the LED very visibly...I hate the way they look in the dash. Both times my car has been broken in to was during the day and you couldnt' see the light very well (under the cluster shroud mounted from behind...very subtle) and both times the siren kept the would be thief from taking anything...the last time I had a couple grand in my wallet. I went to the gym and my dumb ass left it out on the console...it was there when I got back even though the passenger window wasn't. if my light had been more visible they might not have tried.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

It might deter the rookie thief who's shakin' like Don Knotts before he even touches your car, but I doubt it causes much strife to a seasoned one.

this...if you consider that most alarms are within 6 inches of the bottom of the dash, under the wheel, to the left and you can follow the massive taped harness to them (shitty installs piss me off) i can disarm 90% of alarms in less than 10 seconds..."oh, sorry, guys...I unlocked it forgetting i armed the alarm" or "sorry, my remote battery died" and it sounds like I just turned it off with the remote or button. Then it only takes about 15 seconds to hotwire most cars made before the transponder chips (1995 honda civic...hotwire in 4 seconds...install alarm in 22 seconds, start to finish...)

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

honestly i would even put it in..... i didnt on mine BUT my alarm is VERY easy to set off if u shut a car door hard enough by mine it goes off.....

but i know if i was gonna steal something and i seen a alarm light i would just look under the car for the siren ..... if u get a shop to do it most of them put them in the same spots in the engine bay.

thats why i have a siren hooked up and the alarms also hooked up to my horn

plus even if they dont get your stuff they will just fuck up your car because they are pissed off

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

my alarm is hooked up to my horn, and may sirens...yes plural, are hidden in places under the hood that cannot be reached easily from the top or bottom and over the gas tank where you can't reach them...I had to drop the tank to put them in. I have 5 sirens outside the car...and 2 140dB piezo sirens under the dash. The brain is hidden in such a remote place I had to change all the wires...they're 8 feet long now. My ignition harness doesn't go down anymore..up under the top of the dash through a new grommet. and 4 redundant kills...I could give you my keys and you wouldn't be able to steal my car. I put deadbolts in the doors so you can't open them unless you disarm the alarm (yes i have a failsafe for them)

Principal

lol^.....i didnt go to that extreme but i did put my alarm in a place were it would take a long time to even get too if i told you and i have a kill switch so if the switch isnt on it wont turn my car on lol

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

I like my car and I'd like to keep it. If someone wants it bad enough they'll have to put it on a truck.

Plus I have C3, so I can track it and I get text messages if the alarm is triggered.

Principal

A properly installed alarm helps, but safe practices help even more. Here's my quote from another thread:

Regardless of what you do, if a thief wants it, they can get it. Your best security measures are to make your car less of a target, ie no stickers, keep the interior clean, hide all electronics/valuables, remove the HU's faceplate, lock the glove box and install an alarm in an attempt to give them less time if they decide to break in anyways.

Edit: Obviously keeping the doors locked at all times helps. However, if you have a convertable, you may not want to lock it as the cost to replace the belongings may be less than to replace the top if they decide to cut it to get in.

Archived