97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

thx buddy. The eq is going to go for a home line array project. Should be pretty awesome. Lol I saw that design (tritrix) on the site. It looks pretty sick. Are you going to make a thread in the ht section.

Yup I had planned on throwing up a build thread in here and then in the HT section with the TriTrixs. If you look at the last page on the Quarter Wave/T-Line sticky under the subwoofers sub form you'll see my T-Line Elemental Designs 13kv.4 T-Line box that I'm building to go along with the Trixs. You can even see the Trixs in the background.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Do it. Talk to lem, he has a Malibu with 2 18's in a ported wall. I think he's in St. Joe, not all to far from chicago either.

Ill have to send him a pm and pick his brain. Its hard finding info on ported clamshells. (I've been looking at neo frog and colin's thread) I could build a simple slot loaded enclosure for the two pretty easily and just fashion a beauty panel at the b pillar. Tuning is going to be in the low 30's. No need for anything higher when I already have a gaggle of midbass at my disposal. Lol

thx buddy. The eq is going to go for a home line array project. Should be pretty awesome. Lol I saw that design (tritrix) on the site. It looks pretty sick. Are you going to make a thread in the ht section.

Yup I had planned on throwing up a build thread in here and then in the HT section with the TriTrixs. If you look at the last page on the Quarter Wave/T-Line sticky under the subwoofers sub form you'll see my T-Line Elemental Designs 13kv.4 T-Line box that I'm building to go along with the Trixs. You can even see the Trixs in the background.

I like that design. I have always been fascinated by t-lines. I dont know much about them though. Its another skill set ill have to learn.lol I'm looking forward to seeing a build log and the finished product.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 2 weeks later...

It is finally time to start building the wall. I also plan on redoing the frontsage too. The video below is me gutting the car to get it ready. The new config will have an 8" and two 6" in the doors. I am not sure if the 4 dayton tweeters will be stout enough on their own so I think we will step up to those dayton planars. They should have enough output to keep up with the wall.

After alot of thought I think the best way to go about it is to use a common port in the middle of the enclosure. I may have to add some additional volume using the trunk. We are looking at around 22cu. feet and change without reinforcement and taking the speakers displacement into account; I think I'll need the extra space. I wanted to run 6 18" but there was no real way to do it without extensive fiberglassing and losing valuable leg room. So 4 18" is the plan. I have no pics or anything to show of what it looks like but the wall will be similar to AMI Customs in his avatar.

The amps will be mounted in the back along with a couple of batteries. I think 3 2400's should be adequate for 3000watts total. I'm going to do a second run of 0ga from the battery. It's better to overbuild than have to do it again. If anyone has an amp reccy that is stable at 1 ohm. I was going to go mb quart but I need some opinions on its stability at 1 ohm. In any case here is the video. I plan on starting the wall subfloor in a couple days.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I have a few more pictures for you guys. I spent a few hours taking out the old speaker wire and cleaning the back of the car. I also ran a second run of 0ga. in the car. That sucked lol. The master cylinder shredded my left arm a little. Here are the pics...

001-15.jpg

Neither are hooked up at this point; just tucked behind the windshield washer res.

002-15.jpg

At the firewall... I drilled a series of small pilot holes and used a pair of tin snips and a little grinder to smooth out the rough edges. After all that I used a pair of channel locks to give the hole a flare to prevent cutting the wire and when the wire was ran; I filled the little gaps with some all wheather sealant.

006-11.jpg

Here is a view of it behind the parking break zip-tied.

005-11.jpg

The wire is run under the crossmembers that are by the seat. A little soapy water in a squirt bottle makes this wire much easier to manipulate.

003-15.jpg

I don't know whether it's overkill to have two runs of 0ga. for less then 3000 watts but I say overbuild where time and money allows. I should have a few more for you in a couple days.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

about damn time :D can't wait!

Thx bro, I am crazy excited. I haven't seen too many build with 4 18" in a passenger car. Even with these subs and amp power I should be able to make it louder than what I can listen to.

I got all the speakers for the frontstage today. They were really cheap. Everytime I shop at partsexpress I seem to spend a $100. Nothing too fancy. A single 8" and two 6" for each door. I got another tweeter as well. One of them was blown. I will be putting them in the A pillar. I may be adding a pair of ribbons to the corners of the dash if I need the extra output; and I still have the 4" thympany's so no worries.

Here's a vid of me getting the equipment...

The speakers on the bottom are(5 1/4")for a line array project that I will be working on this winter little by little. Here is the link.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-012

At 97 cents a piece they are a fu$%#n steal. I bought 28 of them. 14 will be in each array. I am still looking for a tweeter to go with it. I will be buying them next month.

I haven't got any pictures of the design but they will be 6+ feet tall. There will also be two sub arrays on either side using 4 or 6 10" depending on space.

Tommorrow the plan is to start on the rear and base of the wall so look for some more pics and another video then...

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Here are a couple more pics. Trying to do most of this with my phone. lol

The new frontstage two 6" and one 8"

IMAG0198.jpg

New 5 1/4 speakers for the line array project

IMAG0199.jpg

Buying speakers by the case FTW There is 28 in there.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived