97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

I'm really liking where this is going, and I do notice a much wider stage as well from the video as well.

Thx. Thales. It's too bad I will have to wait two weeks to build some new kicks for them. Having a budget is the lamest of sauces. lol

I really like the sound quality. I want killer quality from mine but I want a sleeper. Something that you wont know there is a system in until i turn the volume up.

That would be my car. You see the picture of it on the first page? Other than the windows in the rear and back being blacked out it looks pretty much the same. That's why I named her plain Jane. People think it is just another shitbox, which it is; but has an awesome stereo inside. hahaha. I want to get it repainted soon. Flat primer white or black. Nothing too exciting. Don't even think I will change the factory rims either:)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Well, at least with 2 weeks to wait, you can come up with cool new ideas.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

How is the sub stage coming?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I am on hold till I can get some more fiberglass resin and matte and other materials. My brother works at a machine shop and is drilling the plexi for me so I can mount it. I will have another big update round' first of the month.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Small update. I helped a friend sell his cherokee and he threw me a benjamin for bird-doggin' a buyer. I got some materials today and will be posting some updates on finishing the inside of the wall and building some new kicks tomorrow. :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Here is a few photos of the kickpanel build. I have the base and the baffles made so far.

Little painters tape (2 layers) and some foil

a119.jpg

a120.jpg

I pulled the compression drivers out of the horns so I didn't glass them. When I go to wrap the pieces I will re-install them and cover them with foil so the kick is contoured around it. They will be on the small side but they are crossed at 250hz so I can make the enclosure a bit smaller.

a121.jpg

Glassed with another layer of chop matte cut into manageable pieces ready to go on. It is one layer of cloth and four layers of matte. It should make for a strong base when finished.

a122.jpg

a124.jpg

Tried the 3M resin from lowes and this shit is heads and above that bondo garbage. Good saturation, lower smell, and cures better.

a125.jpg

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few more pics to show you guys on some progress that I have made. I decided to shelve the see through box idea. I will most likely end up using it in the trunk somewhere but for what I don't know. There will be a trim piece I will build out of glass to cover the exp. foam you see on either side of the box.

a145-1.jpg

As you can see I am working on some trim pieces to seal the wall. These will be glassed right to the "B" pillar. You can also see the headliner is completely fucked. I will be getting some new material to cover it when I do the carpet for the floor.

a144-1.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the port build in progress. I would've used a sonotube but it would have to be be less than 5" So instead of buying one I got made some mdf rings. The outer diameter is 12" and the inside diameter is 10." Should be a nice balance. A little bit better power handling and low freq. extension.

Hole cut. What a nightmare this was. One of these days I'll grow half a brain and make a final decision on the baffle before I install it in the car. lol

a150.jpg

Here are the rings I cut. I actually did 4 but this is a picture I sent my bro so you guys get the idea. The glue is setting as we speak. Since I didn't use a router I will be filling in the little imperfections between the pieces with some filler and glassing it.

a151.jpg

I spent about 15 minutes carving a radius in the front part of the port on the baffle with a utility knife and used some 50 grit to smooth it out. It was much easier than I thought it would be. Here are a couple random ass pics of it. I still have a bit of glassing to do to the interior though. I may be picking up a couple threaded rods to make sure I have 0 baffle flex. It was an issue on my last build and I don't want a repeat. haha

a153.jpg

a154.jpg

Tomorrow I will be ordering the 4th sub and it should all be installed this weekend and hopefully be playing by Monday. I am relieved Been without bass for about 2 months now and am anxious to try the lower tuning and a bunch of new music I picked up. It will be like all my music is new to me again. I still have the kicks and I will be working on them to so stay tuned. I should have a bunch more pics and vids to show over the next week :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

port is lookin good so far!

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

:]

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Archived