97 Dodge Caravan Sport *new vehicle*/ Malibu build PGS 1-22

DO WORK.

Jesus. I miss my Malibu so much... I'm gonna try to get another one, but I think I'll just play pimp my ride with it and use something else for numbers. Make it all flash and over the top.

End thread-jack.

Work on, man.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Ay, Do I see a possible demo swap soon?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

:]

:)

DO WORK.

Jesus. I miss my Malibu so much... I'm gonna try to get another one, but I think I'll just play pimp my ride with it and use something else for numbers. Make it all flash and over the top.

End thread-jack.

Work on, man.

Thx bro. We are close to the finish line. Finding another Malibu shouldn't be too hard. I actually thought about getting another one since I am so familiar with them. They make some sick body kits for them. That would be pure flash.

Ay, Do I see a possible demo swap soon?

Very soon my friend. I will shoot you a text when I get to that point. Maybe meet up next weekend? I know you were going to upgrade so if you want to do that first just let me know.

I managed to do some work on the port and did a little more glassing on the interior of the wall. This crazy idea would've been so much easier with a router but I think I can still make it look pretty lol.

a171.jpg

You can see I gave the port the same treatment as the baffle and rounded the edge off so I can reduce any port turbulence. I used a few "L" brackets to attach the port to the baffle. I used some body filler to fill in the lame cuts I made. It needs one or two more layers and it should be smooth.

a172.jpg

I put the foam in temp. to have something to sit on but we be on all the interior surfaces when I finish all this sanding and glassing nonsense. lol It doesn't make it louder but I felt it was more articulate; if that makes any sense. Here is a video I made to go with it.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

What is that thing tuned to, and is that the only part of the port?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What is that thing tuned to, and is that the only part of the port?

Yeah that's it. The port is around 5" total from the baffle back. hehe I wouldn't recommend this for anything but my dayton subs. They really need jack for port area. The tuning is around 28ish. A BP for one of these subs only require a 4" port 2.5" long. Low power handling and xmax are the only thing that let's me get away with this. If I were running serious power or some beast woofers this wouldn't work at all haha. As it is with this amp and any rise they will most likely never see more than 300 watts a piece. No big deal though. It seems silly to have a wall that won't be much louder than high 40's but is perfect for my applications. Still spent less on all 4 than most do on one sub lol.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

28hz tuning, with lots of woofer control!! This this should be amazing!!!! I can't wait to swap demos man!

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

a185.jpg

I have it running. All the people who worried about the port size don't need to. The port is working beautifully. The stereo sounds so much better than it did before. I did set the SSF around 25 hz. I think anything below that and I run out of xmax too quickly. It may be the limitations of the subs and we are talking about 300 watts and 8mm of xmax. Still sounds great on low shit like Future's "Itchin"(26hz) Dance and other fast drum or bass tracks are quick and accurate. There is a small amount of port turbulence but I am talking small and only at full-tilt. It could be due to the fact I still need to sand the interior of the port.

a184.jpg

a188.jpg

I would like to carpet it but I need a trim piece around the port so I don't have any carpet around it. I think I will paint the port white. Should pop with the black carpet. I still have a few places to add a layer or two of glass to strengthen a bit further then I will finish laying the foam "egg crate" tiles on the inside of the wall. There is little to no baffle flex but I would like to add some threaded rod in the near future. I'll have a video soon and more pictures in the next few days. I would like to finish the kicks next and carpet them then finish the wall. Should have a bunch more pictures soon.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Yay, you finally got the 4th 18', and never thought that was the port, thought it was to hold a port, but if it's working for you musically, then it's all good. Can't wait till you carpet it, and such.

Oh yeah, I think you're one of the first few people that actually managed to fit 4 18's in a Malibu as well.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived