Sonic Electronix

I have seen these on a few vehicles, and i am down for anything that adds bass and shock value to my ride, a big sub in the middle of the dash would do that !!! What are everyones thoughts on this ?? How would it sound ?? What would be the perfect 6.5 or 8 inch subs for this application ?? It would have to be a cool looking and rugged sub to be placed right there in full view !!

center_subwoofer_65.jpg

rwhops.jpg

Scott Buwalda used a 10 in his 240 build...that car sounds incredible, but it's also a completely custom dash with a large sealed enclosure for that sub...once you start cutting the dash you are talking about a SERIOUSLY involved install...you need expert levels of experience for it.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

ive seen it done in a dolby 5.1 setup but that should be a center channel speaker not a woofer. and in SQ setup to bring hte substage to the front. That right there takes a ton of work to pull off. You have to build an enclosure in your dash and seal it off and still have a functional dash. IMO opinion if you are not going balls out in an SQ install.(a fourchannel and components in the door and bynines in the back is not SQ) its not worth it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

^ i agree

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I was actually thinking of a free-air sub for the dash, but i could build a small enclosure underneath the dash if it was just a 6.5 but couldnt fit one large enough for an 8 inch sub. Be alot easier and sound better with a Free-air sub, either 6.5 or 8, or a pair of 6.5's depending on shape of your dash !!

rwhops.jpg

Scott Buwalda used a 10 in his 240 build...that car sounds incredible, but it's also a completely custom dash with a large sealed enclosure for that sub...once you start cutting the dash you are talking about a SERIOUSLY involved install...you need expert levels of experience for it.

yeah what he said...not worth it we'll do a lot for bass but not that much

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

yeah what he said...not worth it we'll do a lot for bass but not that much

oh you are mistaken, i would do that much for the front bass ! I already have 8" mid-bass in my doors in custom enclosures ,fully sealed. LOL

rwhops.jpg

then you don't need one in the dash. Unless you are going to be COMPETING in the TOP LEVELS of sound quality, you won't see the benefit of a dash mounted sub. i would sooner mount one under the passenger side than facing up in the dash anyway

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

free airing a sub? that would sound like shit not worth it dont do it!!!

if you've never heard a true free air/infinite baffle sub you don't know what you're missing.

HOWEVER!!! - that would not be a true infinite baffle, considering the rear wave would still be reaching the passenger compartment. Unless you tuned the rear wave you would have massive cancellation and oscillation.

Principal