Remington or Mossberg  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Remington 870 HD 12 ga or Mossberg 500 12ga?

I own the Mossberg 500 12ga and personally i love it...i use it to hunt and home defense. Pretty simple and easy to clean and quite light....but like SuperJay said the 550 is lighter and does cost about the same.

^^^Personal opinion.

::::::STREETZ::::::

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

Xbox 360 Gamertag: STREETZxDBs

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs - 06' Ford Fusion - Kentucky

out of those 2 I would say mossberg just because that's the one I liked better, I'd look for a used benelli though

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

i just picked up my 870 with a 18 inch barr. for 300 bucks before tax. i love it i already started lookin at stuff to order for it. plus the 870 has been around forever so its the one i picked lol.

870.jpg

2001 gmc seirra

5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1

1995 civic

1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg

1992 s10

being bagged, shaved, and small stereo. right now a pile of parts

Either of them will be great guns... Just a word of advice if you plan to go to the range and play with it often the lighter gun is going to kick your ass more than a gun that is heavier but other than that the choice is yours

Personally i would go with the Remington ive owned a few and never had issues...

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I own 2 mossberg 500's, one in .410 and one in 12 for home defense. I also own an rem 870 magnum. They are all good guns, but If I had to choose, It would be the Remington. Gun's been through some hell with me and still functions great. iztjsi.jpg

the difference between the 500 and 550 is purely weight and magazine capacity (the 550 can hold up to 8 shells in combat setup). I like the 550 but i would have been just as happy with the 500 (IIRC it's only about 6oz difference) since I load one empty shell, one rock salt and the rest double ought...if the bang doesn't scare the guy and the rock salt doesn't let him know I'm accurate...fuck 'im...let the dogs clean the mess.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

For home defense I looked at the function of the gun. I say Mossberg for home defense because of where the safety is located. (up top by the thumb) You can grab the gun put your hand where it needs to go and you can keep it there.

If you have a gun with a pistol grip or a Remington you will have to move your hand or the very least a finger to release the safety. That means your finger is not on the trigger. If I'm defending my home I don't want my finger wondering away from its post.

Every second counts and I think the Mossberg is set up just a little better for things that go bump in the night.

2010 Rav4

Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 v.3 (2)

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

A couple layers of Second Skin

First system in years and looking for good advice. Starting small and hoping to grow!!!

Archived