Sonic Electronix

How much electrical back up do i have to have with 2500 watts?

Well i also want good electrical so i guess i would pay for two batteries one up front and one in back just more stress on my alt though?

not necessarily the extra battery helps voltage so the alt doesnt work so hard trying to recharge the main battery

That makes sense so the volts would actually go up?

no...you will still drop, just not as much.

Doing the big three, and having a good strong battery up front (or just add a second one) will do you alot of good. That stock alternator will have no problem with charging 2 batteries, I wouldn't run more than 2 batteries on a stock alternator though. I wouldn't think of a bigger alternator until you'd get up to about 3000rms. Just what I've learned from experience.

If you're worried about clipping those AQ amps come with a clipping indicator light, so run a tone to tune it, and adjust the gain (with sub hooked up and the car running) until the light comes on, then back it off a little until the clipping indicator light turns off. Your best bet is to use an oscilloscope to tune your amp, but the AQ clipping light is better than nothing.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Well i also want good electrical so i guess i would pay for two batteries one up front and one in back just more stress on my alt though?

not necessarily the extra battery helps voltage so the alt doesnt work so hard trying to recharge the main battery

Go up as in whenn your playing your system and it drops if added a new battery ut wouldnt drop as much as before. But i thought it would hurt your amp if your volts are too low

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

If you were dead set in beginning I know DCpower has a 180 amp alt for around $400 then see if you can fit an xspower S3400 under the hood.

Its your money if you want to spend it go for it.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Im not dead set on nothing im just trying to find a decent route to take my electrical so i dont fuck up my amp... 400 for a 180 amp? wow thats quite a bit. Im leaning torwards kranny's susgestions

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Go up as in whenn your playing your system and it drops if added a new battery ut wouldnt drop as much as before. But i thought it would hurt your amp if your volts are too low

yes you can get an amp to go into protect or thermal if the volts are too low

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

your voltage will never ever ever increase by adding batteries. the voltage regulator on the alternator controls the maximum amount of voltage your alternator will output (changing it wont change how much voltage you drop).

your statement is half correct. you wont lose as much voltage by adding another battery, but losing too much can harm your amplifiers if you're stupid about it. just listen to what me and like 5 other members said. get a battery in the back, do the big 3, get a battery up front if you want as well, and watch the red light on the bass knob. you're making this seem like your car is going to blow up if you dont add enough batteries or if you have too many.

Get yourself the biggest alternator you possibly can under the hood. More amps = less voltage drop. Also grab the biggest XS Power battery than you can fit under your hood. You'll be good to go for that Audioque 2200D.

people are right, this forum DOES have a thing for unneeded electrical upgrades. he doesnt need to dump $4-500 for an alternator for a freaking 2000w amp dude. the big 3 and a battery or two in the back can do him just fine. ive seen a 2200 run on .5 DAILY on a stock electrical system with 1 battery in the back and a like 100amp alt. i have also seen a 2200 run on 1 ohm on a stock electrical system with 1 battery also.

He said he wants his voltage in the 13-14's. With what I recommended he will be good to go =)

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

He said he wants his voltage in the 13-14's. With what I recommended he will be good to go =)

im not trying to shoot you down, but i will state again that i have seen a 2200d wired to half ohm and i will quote what the owner said, "i had a voltmeter in my factory cluster, its got a line for 14v and never strayed to far off that" "maybe like 13v" "redtop and 1/0 power and ground"

yes you can get an amp to go into protect or thermal if the volts are too low

Well my audiopipe didnt go into protect mode... She started smoking in the back

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Archived