Second Skin Audio

need help from box building wizards

i am bout to start a new build for 4 sa 15s wondering if 14cf after woofer diplacement sounds right for this setup? hoping to be tuned around 33ish hz ,this will be a daily played system also if possible could someone hook me up with a cut list for materials.( possibly 3d sketch up... i know being a pain in the ass haha). b4 u ask hae about 48"w to play with also trying not to go any higher than rear seat height. thank for any help in this matter

is that after port too and everything, as in your subs will be left with 3.5 after port, sub displacement, bracing, baffles, etc? If so, looks good to me. I know 15's might like a little more like 4 cubic ft or so, but itll suffice.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

thanks for quik reply figure was on for box with out bracing(dowels)and 45 for corners or port how much more cubes would be appropriate after this included? thanks

I did a single sa-15 in 3.2 cubes with 48 inchs of port area at 34 hertz on 1200w rms, sounded really nice.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

PM Decaf or BCPballer or another guy who designs boxes, there all over if you look in there signatures I just cant think of anymore off the top of my head. You will have to pay but they do it all figure out displacement for woofers bracing, etc. And its pretty cheap.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

I just made a box for my 96 Suburban last weekend. I used 4 15" Diamond Audio D3's. I ended up at 48" wide, 24" tall, 30" deep. The port is 12"x12"x9.75" I have the subs firing up, and the port firing back. The box is tuned @ 34Hz with a f3 of 31.67. There is about 6" from the port opening to the tailgate. I had to have the subs in a V pattern to fit. With sub/port/bracing displacement I was at 15.59 cu ft, so 3.8975 per sub. I had to remove the spare tire to make it fit, since the spare is mounted at an angle.

I still need to upgrade to a bigger alternator, and get a bigger amp. But I have a Rockford Fosgate 800a2 running mono @ 1ohm(I know, it will smoke soon but then my wife will have to let me get a new amp).

It is pretty loud, my rear doors flex out about 1/2" - 3/4" =]

Edited by dthomas

if u want bro i can do u a cut sheet but not a 3d view of it

if that kool pm me

the subs how many,how big

the LxWxH and the tuneing u want port up or to the hatch

the amp u will be useing and any other info u want me 2 know about

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.