Any body ever been to one??

After getting raped by a muffler shop to put my emission stuff back on, I go to get my car smogged and they won't do it because the sticker on the hood says "This vehicle is not intended for sale in California". I try to explain to the guy that the DMV told me there's an exception for military personnel, but he tells me to call a referee smog check center and see if they will pass it for me. 'IF' is the key word here. I'm taking it in tomorrow, just wondering if anyone here has used one before.

Its a god damn 2010 with barely 8000 miles on it, I shouldn't need to smog it yet anyway, these emissions laws in Cali are fucking ridiculous. What pisses me off even more are the fucked up cars I see driving around smoking and shit that could never pass a smog check, yet they do.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

ill just buy the car from you so you dont have to worry about it at all haha, not but really cant you just take the sticker off?

Yea it sucks that these laws are here. The way I see it is they should just stick the sensor in the pipe and test the levels, and if it's clean the pass. No need to check all the under hood shit.

As far as the original question, as long as all the california smog stuff is there then the referee should pass it. The way California has all their laws makes the smog techs too scared to do stuff like that. It's easier for them to pass it on to a referee and not worry about losing their license.

• 2 weeks later...

ill just buy the car from you so you dont have to worry about it at all haha, not but really cant you just take the sticker off?

Its the EPA sticker, so it has to be there.

Anyway, just to update, the referee station passed the car no problem, and saved me 30 bucks. The place that wouldn't test it kept calling my car "grey market", but its not. Grey market cars are vehicles purchased in overseas markets that are brought stateside without being converted to American specs. Like a Euro spec Bimmer or Japanese spec Skyline. There are exceptions to the CA emissions vs Federal emissions. One is military members, and another I learned is like if you're driving in another state and wreck your car or it burns, you can buy a car in that state and register it in CA even though it has that "no California" sticker.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

for some odd reason i thought this said "reefer smoke check"

lol same..

i don't even think ky has emission laws..if so i've never gotten my car tested nor has my mom

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

IDK about there in CA, but here in PA all a referee does is check the companies emissions tester. They are the one moderators who have an unbiased opinion because they don't get paid through either you or the company. Call one up and ask the question, thats all you need to do.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.