Sonic Electronix

This thread turned out pretty cool, great posts guys! learning a bit more every day, and im sure other people searching will find it and agree. with 7jezuz7 formula already made me think twice on my port and add just a little bit more. :drinks:

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

This thread turned out pretty cool, great posts guys! learning a bit more every day, and im sure other people searching will find it and agree. with 7jezuz7 formula already made me think twice on my port and add just a little bit more. :drinks:

:D It's still mostly trial and error because of all the different factors in everyone's different vehicles, I kinda just try and keep the boxes anyways as I don't have money to be buying and buying mdf all the time. But um I've been told to tune high using the formula and I should get a pretty flat response throughout the sub frequencies but my nagging self would prefer a little of the lower end extension :D Ports WILL be big though. But if you have the room, why not?

And it's not my formula, it was recommended to me and it's from Richard Small as mentioned in "The Loudspeaker Design Cookbook" by Vance Dickason.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

• 5 weeks later...

I have a formula..

Involves sd, fs, and power.

Seems to work pretty good across the board.

I know..... Share...

Sorry, I gotta keep this one to my self.

Vent has a lot to do with rise .......bl has a lot to do with rise........the motor has a lot to do wth bl......

Rise at fs has a lot to do with the vol of the enclosure.....

I will share soon, just got one more comp, then I will share it.

soooooo did you go to one more comp yet and will share????

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

And it's not my formula, it was recommended to me and it's from Richard Small as mentioned in "The Loudspeaker Design Cookbook" by Vance Dickason.

That is the BIBLE! I forgot I had that until now!

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

So what happens when a port turns not only LARGE but LONG?

I asked a Hifi educated guy, without not much of experience of car audio, and the only explanation to avoid really LONG ports was to avoid getting resonance frequences of the quarter wavelength, which would occur somewhere when ports exceed 100cm length. I bet guys here have at some point built a TOO large port yet maintained proper tuning frequency.

What happens ? How does it sound?

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

do aeroports give you port noise because i know the ends are flared

Ends are flared to decrease velocity wich becomes into port noise, but you don´t always get port noise if the port area it´s good, i´m using 4 6" PVC tubes in my suzuki swift without flares and i don´t have ANY noise, and yes, it´s loud as fuck :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• 1 month later...

I have a formula..

Involves sd, fs, and power.

Seems to work pretty good across the board.

I know..... Share...

Sorry, I gotta keep this one to my self.

Vent has a lot to do with rise .......bl has a lot to do with rise........the motor has a lot to do wth bl......

Rise at fs has a lot to do with the vol of the enclosure.....

I will share soon, just got one more comp, then I will share it.

bump for Ray are you ready to share?

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

bump... I would like to know as well....

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

Archived