Sonic Electronix

eclipse cd7200mkii headunit or kenwood kiv-bt900?? pioneer dex-99rs??

Any thoughts on the eclipse cd7200mkii,i have looked at the kenwood kiv-bt900 also. The pioneer dex-99rs looks verryyy nice and expensive. I realize that there is a serious price difference in these three models, I was looking hard at the kenwood but read a few pretty negative reviews on it. Just looking to purchase a new deck and not sure which way to go. Any help is appreciated.

Yes I have looked at the alpine ida 305s model, I think that's the correct number, it might be ida 305x ?? Anyway its there top digital media reciever, I thought I had narrowed it down to the kenwood, but there are some negative reviews involving the firmware and how slow it is?? Don't know for sure, I have been away from car audio for some time now and am putting this system together for my chevy pickup, I stumbled across the eclipse cd7200mkii the other day and I think I can get a new one for 350. So basically 350 for a alpine or the kenwood or the eclipse?? And the pioneerdex- p99rs is around 1200, a little much for me currently.

For $350 id try and find the Alpine CDE-117 or an Alpine CDA-9887.

Sounds like you're wanting a SQ type

Deck with A LOT of processing/sound control.

9887 is FTW

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Any thoughts on the eclipse cd7200mkii,i have looked at the kenwood kiv-bt900 also. The pioneer dex-99rs looks verryyy nice and expensive. I realize that there is a serious price difference in these three models, I was looking hard at the kenwood but read a few pretty negative reviews on it. Just looking to purchase a new deck and not sure which way to go. Any help is appreciated.

absolutely phenomenal sound...ugliest head unit ever made. the volume knob and center buttons feel cheaper than something Dual might have in their entry level.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Thanks dwright27, I will check out the alpine cda-117. Man sometimes all of this modern technology gets confusing and difficult, back in the old days you just went and bought a stereo from your local stereo store and went on your way, nowadays a guy can research everything on the internet.... which is nice, but also kind of mind boggling.. soooo many options. Thanks again.

Id go for the Eclipse anyday...keep in mind, I don't have a background with that Alpine so I can't say its better/worse. but that eclipse would be my choice out of those 2 hands down. :good:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

The 9887 sucks dick compared to the mkII. (no alpine hate)

Problem is there is no support from Fujitsu ten anymore. Good luck with a warranty. I have the cd7000 and LOVE it.

Alpine:

4 volt pre outs

7 band eq

time alignment

no usb, no memory card

It stops there.

Eclipse:

8 volt pre out and copper chassis, gold plated connectors

11 band eq

time alignment down to the millisecond

bluetooth

usb and memory card support