Sonic Electronix

My first system ran me $400 and consisted of a Cerwin Vega Stroker 122 and a Kicker Zx1200.1 amplifier, with wiring kit and custom box/install. It was a hell of a deal my uncle gave me :D

He got the whole setup for $100, sold it to me for $300 profit. After I had it for a while, I sold it to my cousin for $100 profit, and then he proceeded to blowing the subwoofer up. I don't know how he managed that, it ran fine for me for 7months or so, and fine for my uncle for a good while...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

my first system cost about a total of $300. i had 2 10in sony xplods on a pioneer 600watt amp, a kenwood hu and 2 4x2 speakers or something like that. the subs, amp, boxes, and wiring were all free from a neighbor...

I can honestly say I have never been pleasantly surprised with cheap equipment. It's like saying, "Hey! This butter knife is cutting through this steak better than I thought it would. Screw buying better knives!"

Bang for buck is subjective, like the previous statement which is my issue with it. One guy here has twelve 12"s and just tells me how hard his system is for the cheap pieces if shit they are. Um...with twelve subs I would sure as shit hope its somewhat loud.

Just saying.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

A guy I know loves to brag about his 6 Boss 15s he got from the pawn shop, I haven't heard em but he swears they are loudest around. I'm ready to get the Double Ds setup so I can show him real subs.

i wana see existing set ups and if bang for buck doesnt work for you what about cheapest system that knocks more then expected

i seen that pt its pretty sick

kicker comps on maybe a hifonics amp

make a nice box tho

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

is hifonics a good brand?

A friend of mine is running 2 DD3515s on a Hifonic Brz2400. It sounds extremely nice, so I would definitely say the more costly Hifonics amplifiers are good. I'm not sure about their lower end or subs. They are known to be decent amps for decent prices :)

ive heard hifonics lower end stuff is crap and that there higher end stuff is rather good i like the hifi stuff hifonics has just cause u pay like 58 for a pair of 12s that are better then anything walmart has to offer so for the price of going to walmart and getting a single pioneer 12 u can get 2 12s that sub-sub will eat em

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i have a hfi1000d and so far i really like it, no problems, and im looking at maybe getting the hifonics 4 channel amp, but at my local store he said the mb quart is a pretty good match up to it. for $120 is that a fair price? the price tag said 200...