Sonic Electronix

so you buy a 1000 watt woofer and never run more than half their rated to them?

I was running them in a SQ set-up. I know what they can do I worked at a rockford dealer when these came out. If i just wanted loud noises i would have left my DD 3510's in there.

Really? Damn. He said he never gave them more then 500rms each. So idk ill give them a listen today and see what's up.

doesnt really matter if there less than half rms but if they were clipped for the 10 years they have been out then your not getting any gain what so ever

stick with dc great sub and pretty strong

They were not clipped and have not been run for 10 years.

Edited by Dr.Rockford

buy them and get them reconed by foreverbumpin to 18"s? :D

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

If what the seller says is true I would trade in a heartbeat. I'm a DC guy myself but I know the abuse the HX2 line can take and the results they deliver. The only thing that would slow me down is the fact that they are 10's and not 12's. The HX2 is a superior woofer to the Lvl 3, hands down.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

If what the seller says is true I would trade in a heartbeat. I'm a DC guy myself but I know the abuse the HX2 line can take and the results they deliver. The only thing that would slow me down is the fact that they are 10's and not 12's. The HX2 is a superior woofer to the Lvl 3, hands down.

If they were 12's or 15's i would keep them and run them. I have an over abundance of 10 inch woofer for some reason and its getting old lmao

Guy with the hx2's backed out before we even met :shrug:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Guy with the hx2's backed out before we even met :shrug:

After running errands today and listening to the subs I found that I still like these way to much to sell them. They may not shake the car like the DC subs would but they definitely have better sound quality. Plus I can always just go buy a set of DC lvl 3's for a few hundred dollars from someone off of CACO or CA.com.

Edit - Oh and I'm sure that I will get flamed for backing out on him but that is life lol and at least I didn't wait till he showed up to the meeting spot lol

Edited by Dr.Rockford

wow, I guess some people really dont know the quality of the power hx2s....sorry nuthuggers, but the power hx2 is a BETTER sub then the lvl3, and probley the lvl4 as well...they get down low, and play loud as well...and the 1000rms rating is a joke...the DCs might be louder based on cone area, but the hx2s would be better in every other regard...I dont blame the guy for keeping them

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

wow, I guess some people really dont know the quality of the power hx2s....sorry nuthuggers, but the power hx2 is a BETTER sub then the lvl3, and probley the lvl4 as well...they get down low, and play loud as well...and the 1000rms rating is a joke...the DCs might be louder based on cone area, but the hx2s would be better in every other regard...I dont blame the guy for keeping them

x2, the Power HX2's are very capable subs. I'd take them over lvl3's all day, every day.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Um...I have to disagree. I love RF and love the power hx2s but I was much happier with the level 3 in the same enclosure.

And I would not say the power hx2 is comparable to the level 4. If you haven't used all 3 subs in multiple set ups with knowledgeable experience, I would make sure you pay attention to your own remark about "nut huggers"

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?