Sax1200d electrical needs

I'd say decent batt upfront and big three in 1/0

But you were talking about strapping a second 1200d, gonna need a run of 1/0 front to back and a batt in the back, like a hc1800 or xs d6500 or something and you should beset

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well congrats on what you are running sir. :woot: and also congrast on what you have seen :good: .But running that amp at .5 is require alot of power. and there is nothing wrong with over kill. im only running a 3500 watt system but i have a 270 amp alt an 3 xs power d3400s. So if ur saying my information is wrong. i would like to know y. There is nothing wrong with having extra power if needed. and if he already has to run that amp at .5 to get the power he is looking for he will be looking for a up grade in no time..

another member on here that lives by me has a Goliath on a stock cobalt alternator (135 amps or something) and 2 hc1400's (iirc) in the trunk. he said he drops to 13 or so. im not saying there is no problem with having that extra output on demand, but when he doesnt need it there is no point imho. he never stated he was going to upgrade as well. a secondary battery and the big 3 and he will be fine. alot of people on here (not talking about you) think that dropping under 14v means that their whole car is going to blow up. and when said people give advice, then they make the OP spend alot of unnecessary money for something that they dont really need at that point in time.

Well i can understand what your saying.. and ill respect that.. But i am one of those people who think that you should always try and get the most of you system. I.E. giving it proper voltage. I realize that drop to 13s and even high 12s isnt that bad but personally i dont prefer it. So In my mind and my wallet i take the necessary precautions to avoid doing so. This is a place to give and get advice, and you need to be able to use your own discretion about what to apply and what not to. HE asked what should i do and i gave him my opinion. is it overkill yes, is it wrong no.

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

What if I just upgrade my alt I can get that done for like 170$, would that take care of it or would I still need to do big 3 and add battery? If I still need to do those things I won't do alt, and just do big 3 and or add battery...I'm just looking for easiest solution and best economically, BUT not cutting corners!

Edited by Scrapmanson

What if I just upgrade my alt I can get that done for like 170$, would that take care of it or would I still need to do big 3 and add battery? If I still need to do those things I won't do alt, and just do big 3 and or add battery...

for $170, i assume they just replacing the stator with a larger one. if thats the case, your output power at idle will drop SIGNIFICANTLY if you do that. i had a remanufactured stock alt with a larger stator and i dropped to high 11's one time AT IDLE IN PARK with no stereo or lights on, but consistently dropped to low 12's every day when at idle. at stop lights i always had to put it in neutral and rev the engine a little so i could just get the freaking thing charging. you can counter though that with a smaller pulley but that can only help so much. lesson learned here? dont cheap out on alternators.

What if I just upgrade my alt I can get that done for like 170$, would that take care of it or would I still need to do big 3 and add battery? If I still need to do those things I won't do alt, and just do big 3 and or add battery...

for $170, i assume they just replacing the stator with a larger one. if thats the case, your output power at idle will drop SIGNIFICANTLY if you do that. i had a remanufactured stock alt with a larger stator and i dropped to high 11's one time AT IDLE IN PARK with no stereo or lights on, but consistently dropped to low 12's every day when at idle. at stop lights i always had to put it in neutral and rev the engine a little so i could just get the freaking thing charging. you can counter though that with a smaller pulley but that can only help so much. lesson learned here? dont cheap out on alternators.

How do I know if that's what there doing? I was told 240 alt and that's the whole alt change? I'm I misunderstanding?

Well congrats on what you are running sir. :woot: and also congrast on what you have seen :good: .But running that amp at .5 is require alot of power. and there is nothing wrong with over kill. im only running a 3500 watt system but i have a 270 amp alt an 3 xs power d3400s. So if ur saying my information is wrong. i would like to know y. There is nothing wrong with having extra power if needed. and if he already has to run that amp at .5 to get the power he is looking for he will be looking for a up grade in no time..

another member on here that lives by me has a Goliath on a stock cobalt alternator (135 amps or something) and 2 hc1400's (iirc) in the trunk. he said he drops to 13 or so. im not saying there is no problem with having that extra output on demand, but when he doesnt need it there is no point imho. he never stated he was going to upgrade as well. a secondary battery and the big 3 and he should be fine. alot of people on here (not talking about you) think that dropping under 14v means that their whole car is going to blow up. and when said people give advice, then they make the OP spend alot of unnecessary money for something that they dont really need at that point in time.

I just talked to the guy at alt shop he says they change the stator and diodes? Is that going to be enough?