Sonic Electronix

Well... Matt said you won't be as loud... but I see where he is coming from... he means that I could be louder with 4 18's, but he did say something about them not being able to play the same frequency, which is not true, they are playing down to 8 hz, both the 18s and 15's, the tuning is just different...

that is wrong. its not that they cant play the same frequencies. they shouldnt. its the same as a 3 inch mid playing down to 50 hz and having a 6.5" that does the same.

think about it. what is the point? kinda defeats the purpose of a crossover.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I have a mixed setup that plays fine. It is in a duel chamber box with two 12's and two 15's and they are tuned at the same frequency. They are all duel 4ohm and the 12's and 15's are wire together series/parallel to get a 2ohm load on a Fosgate T40001bd. I was able to get 148.1db on 3200 clamped watts not to bad in my opinion. Every one that has heard it know how clean it sounds and the bass is nice and tight.

It can be done but needs a little more thought put in to the box.

Well... Matt said you won't be as loud... but I see where he is coming from... he means that I could be louder with 4 18's, but he did say something about them not being able to play the same frequency, which is not true, they are playing down to 8 hz, both the 18s and 15's, the tuning is just different...

that is wrong. its not that they cant play the same frequencies. they shouldnt. its the same as a 3 inch mid playing down to 50 hz and having a 6.5" that does the same.

think about it. what is the point? kinda defeats the purpose of a crossover.

Matt, you are completely wrong and do not have enough experience in mixing subs to tell me I am wrong in this... I have done this alot with great results. When you heard Franky, did you hear any cancelation and would you not say it was loud for what it is? Both the 18s and 15s play the same frequencies, they are just tuned differently... I have the subsonics on all amps all the way down and the low passes to 80...

Usually cross overs protect the speaker from playing frequencies it was not DESIGNED to play so the speaker can play to its full potential loud and clean...

lets take your 6.5 and 3" setup, of course you shouldn't play 50hz through a 3", lets say the 3" has a response of 80hz and above... so you are telling me that your 6.5 only plays from 50hz to 80hz and the 3" is doing the rest???? Also, does that mean that your subs are only playing 40hz and below so they don't mix with the 6.5 playing to 50?

Unless you have an INCREDIBLE crossover system and $20,000 worth of mids and highs, differnt size mids are gonna have to share some of the same frequencies...

Sure, in a perfect world every speaker will play its own frequency and you will have over 7,000 speakers...

I have a mixed setup that plays fine. It is in a duel chamber box with two 12's and two 15's and they are tuned at the same frequency. They are all duel 4ohm and the 12's and 15's are wire together series/parallel to get a 2ohm load on a Fosgate T40001bd. I was able to get 148.1db on 3200 clamped watts not to bad in my opinion. Every one that has heard it know how clean it sounds and the bass is nice and tight.

It can be done but needs a little more thought put in to the box.

Well evidentually you and I are dumb asses and our systems must sound like pure dick.... lol!

why wouldnt it be ok?

honestly think about this

you run 6.5s or 5.25s in the front and then 12 15s or 18s for subs right?

all that is is speakers playing different hz

they are good if they are in different chambers playing different hz

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

why wouldnt it be ok?

honestly think about this

you run 6.5s or 5.25s in the front and then 12 15s or 18s for subs right?

all that is is speakers playing different hz

they are good if they are in different chambers playing different hz

evidentually it is a sin of nature... LOL!

evidentually it is a sin of nature... LOL!

I like you combined "eventually" and "evidently" LOL

I knew you were creative, but I though that was only with decals and car audio ;)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived