I wanna compete this summer!

OK, so im reletively new to the car audio game. Ive been doing it about a year, i have a walled 94 taurus with 6 alpine type r's off 6000rms. Id really like to start going to shows and do some local competitions just for curiosities sake, i really love the sport and only wanna learn more. But i think my next step is hearing other cars to see what else is out there. I havent heard anything else loud outside my own. But my main question is, what do i enter into competition wise being a first timer? idk where i stand, i know im not up there with any of the big guys, i just want to get into entry level status. So where do i start when looking for any type of show or competition, and what catigory should i go about entering? Someone help me out, i love the sport and i only wanna learn and expand. Im from Michigan right outside detroit, so i doubt theres a huge car audio interest in my area, but where can i find some?

-andy

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."

bump for help

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."

Unfortuneately, with a wall of 6 15s and 6k of power on tap, you have essentially lost any ability to compete in an amatuer type class...you will be with the big dogs...that said, if done right, you should be pretty damn loud. Any clue on your TL numbers?

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Unfortuneately, with a wall of 6 15s and 6k of power on tap, you have essentially lost any ability to compete in an amatuer type class...you will be with the big dogs...that said, if done right, you should be pretty damn loud. Any clue on your TL numbers?

They're 12's, but i have no idea what it meters. ive never really heard another car to even compare it to, so i couldnt even make an assumption.

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

youll probably have to look into dbdrag or midwestspl. in drag you are going to be against the guys that do 165s and shit like that. and thats going to suck for you.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.