Second Skin Audio

What should I expect?

Well, my previous system consisted of a Cerwin Vega Stroker122 on a Kicker Zx1200.1 amplifier. The Sub was up and port was up. Not sure on box dimensions or tuning, but it sounded great and hit all kinds of notes my crappy Kicker CVR12 can't dream of hitting. Now the reason for me mentioning this is should I expect my SC DD3515f to get louder and sound better on, lets say, an AQ1200? Box is about 4.69ft^3 with 35Hz tuning assuming I did everything right lol :)

This isn't meant to be a vs thread, so please don't construe it as such. Like the title says, what should I expect from it?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

id give more power.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ive been seeing you make tons of posts about amps, if I were you I would've found my amps/electrical first and then picked out my subs..because those 3515 ratings are a joke..much like most other dd ratings..

It'll still most likely get louder because of cone area, but you won't see the full power of those subs til like 2500 Rms on each one

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I have a bad habit of changing my mind often, which makes planning my system hard to do. And also, running a single 3515 wasn't my plans, but my brother (were twins and building this thing together) wants to get the DD3515 we have now up and running to hold us out till we are able to get everything we need to run two 3515s (which I plan to give 1600w each).

I know that it can handle much more power, but my budget is $300, and I cannot find anything better than the AQ1200 for that price. Also, my electrical system probably can't handle much as it's all stock.

Like I mentioned, this is basically my brothers idea to run a single 3515, and so I'm trying to figure out what we can get for the money we have, though I would rather save up to get the complete system done, but that would take many months...

But I would not run 2500wrms on my DD3515, I've read many things saying they can only handle about max 2000wrms daily...

Honestly, I would love to get a Aq2200 to run this baby, but it's out of my budget and my brother being the stubborn person he is doesn't want to save any more, so please try and work with me guys :)

i had mine on a SAZ 1500d. it was at 4 ohm and so i was getting a lil over 800 watts and it still slammed.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Why not save up a 100 bucks an get the 2200?.not like ur lookin for another 300 dollars

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Why not save up a 100 bucks an get the 2200?.not like ur lookin for another 300 dollars

I honestly want to, but then I would also have to upgrade my electrical to get the most power out of the 2200, and that would be costly. May do it though, considering anything :P

Take it from me, I may not have spent as much money S some of theses guys but from what I have spent its taught me patience and to do things right the first time.. your best best is to save an order the amps an batteries you want and not just buy something to get ur bass going. but that's just me

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

you have that little supercharged thing though..isn't that supposed to add another ~600-800w of power handling?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

From what I've read on the Soundpressure forums, it doesn't increase the power handling. It increases the efficiency of the power the sub is getting... Like a SC DD3515 with 1200w will sound like a normal DD3515 on 1500w (just an example.)

This could also be another factor in if I get the AQ1200 or not, because if it sounds like a normal DD3515 getting more than that, than it should sound fine...

and i just added up the cost, if I went with the Aq1200 it would cost me about $310 to get it up and running, but if I went with the Aq2200 it would cost me about $725 to get it up and running, because I would have to upgrade my electrical. So it isn't as simple as saving another $100, another $400 is more like it... Plus I'm the one paying for all of this, even though it's what my brother wants, so I want to keep cost to a minimum... Can yall see where i'm coming from? I want to save and do it right, but he doesn't, and I cannot do this without him as we share the truck...

Edited by Supercharged DDs