Sonic Electronix

Turn it up to what volume you listen to the misic at full tilt then turn the gain down until the clipping light goes off. Problem solved

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Turn it up to what volume you listen to the misic at full tilt then turn the gain down until the clipping light goes off. Problem solved

if thats the case then its time to upgrade then bcuz its sounds wack at that point

Ian Nichols 8)

put the gain to all the way down, turn it up how loud you listen to songs, raise the gain it until the clip light blinks, then back it off a little til it stops.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

put the gain to all the way down, turn it up how loud you listen to songs, raise the gain it until the clip light blinks, then back it off a little til it stops.

this may sound dumb but is this the same when u turn up the bass knob?

Ian Nichols 8)

your deck is either clipping causing the amp to amplify a clipped signal, or your amp is clipping because your gain is to high

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Can't wait til Meade oscope come out

It's a distortion listener. Works off the same principals as an o-scope for what us car audio people use it for to determine clipping but doesn't have one built in so call it what it is please.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Make sure your EQ on your headunit is flat. Make sure loudness is off. Make sure HPF is set on the headunit if applicable. Make sure LPF is set properly on the mono amp.

Make sure your ground point is perfect... No, seatbelt bolts do not count as perfect points. Nor do points that are unsanded. If you sanded it and it's gray and not shiny, sand more.

Make sure you set your gains on your amp with a good test tone. I use Decaf's in his sticky'd thread in the Tunez forum section. You must use the RMS chart. Keep in mind that you should have optimal voltage to tune, and make sure your car is RUNNING and the speaker leads are unplugged. Obviously, remove the speaker leads while the car is off. Don't take too long or your voltage may drop if you have a system that takes the power mine does.

Never use bass boost of any sort. Ever.

And keep in mind a lot of songs that have clipping will cause clipping on your amps, so turn down the volume accordingly. Just a little clipping can get multiplied by quite a bit.

If you STILL have clipping, then use your multimeter to turn down the voltage by using the RMS chart until you don't see the clipping light.

If your voltage reads 30.0 ac volts -> SQUARED (multiply by itself) -> divide that number in half -> you should get 450 volts. So if the RMS chart isn't handy, just use a little calculator.

Since you have the multiply the ac volts by itself, increases in that number will increase exponentially.

For example.... 25.0 volts SQUARED / 2 = 315.5 watts .... 26.0 volts SQUARED / 2 = 338.0 watts

While ... 31.0 volts SQUARED / 2 = 480.5 watts .... 32.0 volts SQUARED / 2 = 512watts..

@ 31-32 the watts increased by 32 while with 25-26 the volts only increased 23 VOLTS

the higher the ac volts the bigger the increase

Edited by dwz

Make sure your EQ on your headunit is flat. Make sure loudness is off. Make sure HPF is set on the headunit if applicable. Make sure LPF is set properly on the mono amp.

Make sure your ground point is perfect... No, seatbelt bolts do not count as perfect points. Nor do points that are unsanded. If you sanded it and it's gray and not shiny, sand more.

Make sure you set your gains on your amp with a good test tone. I use Decaf's in his sticky'd thread in the Tunez forum section. You must use the RMS chart. Keep in mind that you should have optimal voltage to tune, and make sure your car is RUNNING and the speaker leads are unplugged. Obviously, remove the speaker leads while the car is off. Don't take too long or your voltage may drop if you have a system that takes the power mine does.

Never use bass boost of any sort. Ever.

And keep in mind a lot of songs that have clipping will cause clipping on your amps, so turn down the volume accordingly. Just a little clipping can get multiplied by quite a bit.

If you STILL have clipping, then use your multimeter to turn down the voltage by using the RMS chart until you don't see the clipping light.

If your voltage reads 30.0 ac volts -> SQUARED (multiply by itself) -> divide that number in half -> you should get 450 volts. So if the RMS chart isn't handy, just use a little calculator.

Since you have the multiply the ac volts by itself, increases in that number will increase exponentially.

For example.... 25.0 volts SQUARED / 2 = 315.5 watts .... 26.0 volts SQUARED / 2 = 338.0 watts

While ... 31.0 volts SQUARED / 2 = 480.5 watts .... 32.0 volts SQUARED / 2 = 512watts..

@ 31-32 the watts increased by 32 while with 25-26 the volts only increased 23 VOLTS

the higher the ac volts the bigger the increase

well I guess I have to change my grounds then cause I got them to the seatbelt bolts, I had heard those were good grounds.

And why aren't u supposed to use bass boosts? Cause I use one