Second Skin Audio

Box Rise

PUNKYOU007

try BassBoxPro version 6. it will calculate ESTIMATE box rise.

corret me if i am wrong, but estimating is less of a time waster than guessing, right?

But if the program is WAY off (because it doesnt know your car's dimensions and environment overall), buying the program would be a waste of hard earned money and playing with the program would also be a waste of time

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

corret me if i am wrong, but estimating is less of a time waster than guessing, right?

But if the program is WAY off (because it doesnt know your car's dimensions and environment overall), buying the program would be a waste of hard earned money and playing with the program would also be a waste of time

not a waste of money for me, I wrote it off on my taxes last year. Are you criticising it because you know it sucks, or you just assume it sucks?

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

not a waste of money for me, I wrote it off on my taxes last year. Are you criticising it because you know it sucks, or you just assume it sucks?

I didnt say it WAS a waste of money. I meant that it COULD BE a waste of $$.

When did I say it sucked? I simply stated that it could be wrong in many applications. Its logical, isnt it? Do you disagree with my last post?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I just assumed it was a free download. I dont build nearly enough boxes to make that worth while. I could give you my box size and any info you need and we can see how far off the program is.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I didnt say it WAS a waste of money. I meant that it COULD BE a waste of $$.

When did I say it sucked? I simply stated that it could be wrong in many applications. Its logical, isnt it? Do you disagree with my last post?

i took you wrong, i guess. Yes it is logical, and no you didnt say it sucked. Anyone out there have any feedback on this program. I have only built a few boxes from it, but i have never had a customer ask me about box rise. Most dont care. If it sounds good, then they are happy. Didnt mean to sound like a dick.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

not a waste of money for me

doesn't mean it's not a waste of money for anyone else. plus testing is the only real way to figure your real box rise as was said, it will vary from car to car, install to install. each environment is different. besides, how fun would it be if someone said this, this, and this will be the best. build it and call it a day.

It would be a lot of fun, lol. I used 8 sheets of MDF on my current box and spent $400 to have it sprayed with Line X....just to find out my rise is choking the shit outta my amps. I dont want to make this mistake twice. If I was building a single woofer box I would have no issue just using the trial and error but when I am building a couple hundred pound box for 4 18's I just dont want to go down that road again if I can help it.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Resin the inside should drop your rise as it makes the resOnancy of the wood change. Maybe the line-x is why your rise is so high?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

8 sheets of MDF?? :trippy:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Archived