Sonic Electronix

Tried hooking up my old boss bv8965b 7inch touchscreen head unit in my friends truck today. I wired everything correctly (atleast I think so...), checked fuses, and everything. Fuses on radio and truck are fine. I hooked the same radio up to my truck three months ago, worked fine. Now it wont even power on in his truck. Also if it matters, this was the first aftermarket head unit we've tried installing in his truck, took out the factory radio, got dash install kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter. Truck is a 2005 GMC Sierra 4door. Someone please help get this working! :D

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Double check your red and yellow wire make sure you put them on right.

Reran red, yellow, ground, everything multiple times trying to see if that was the problem, nothing changed though...

Wire the radio straight to the battery.. ground to ground post then Red and yellow wire to Positive post and see if the radio powers on. If it does not power up you probably have a dead radio.

as in take the radio out of the vehicle and just wire it real quick to see if the radio powers on.

Edited by Hotdog

Wire the radio straight to the battery.. ground to ground post then Red and yellow wire to Positive post and see if the radio powers on. If it does not power up you probably have a dead radio.

as in take the radio out of the vehicle and just wire it real quick to see if the radio powers on.

X2

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

does that truck need the chime adapter too idk if that can cause it not to power on but i know some trucks need it

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Yes, it needs a chime adapter, but thats just for the chimes. I've read that I can get by without the chime by using a regular wiring harness.All im supposed to lose it the chime.

I'll try the direct wiring thing tomorrow morning, it's late over here and everyone else is passed out.

Get a volt meter and check for power on the black/yellow wires...you should have power here no matter what position the key is in. Check it again on the black/red wires, this you should only have power when the key is turned to the acc position or car started up. If that checks out fine, ur deck is bad. Did you test the fuses with a meter or just give them the visual inspection?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f