Sonic Electronix

I've been told I should throw some fiberglass filling in my box to get it even lower. According to the graph, my range starts to dip right around 21-22 hz and there's a few slowed songs I've played where it bottoms out. :/ Will filling the box be effective to knock it down lower?

I'm also not positive on the accuracy of my range because I couldn't make the ideal ports that were suggested. They're a little shorter than they should be.

part1288661529438.jpg

Edited by Dylank811

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

I know you can't hear lower than 20 hz (most people) but I can still tell. How low is the last note in Put On (not slowed or anything)? That was one of the few songs that did it. It didn't really bottom out, it just gets a little quieter on that note.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

I know you can't hear lower than 20 hz (most people) but I can still tell. How low is the last note in Put On (not slowed or anything)? That was one of the few songs that did it. It didn't really bottom out, it just gets a little quieter on that note.

Well with your port being shorter then what the graph says it will have a higher tuning. Only way to fix it is to lower the tuning.

To get a flat response, which seems to be what you want, you have to build the box differently.

It is 25 or 26HZ IIRC, I had an XL15 tuned to 27-28hz and in the regular song that was the loudest note.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

filling the box takes up airspace. less airspace = higher tuning.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Haha okay so I may have messed up my tuning with my ports...oh well I'm still happy with it. And yes, my goal was to get the most flat curve I could. So I'm guessing filling the box would be a bad decision? I've heard that it makes the subs think the box is bigger? Is this a wives tale?

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

What is the enclosure tuned to?

Supposed to be like 21.3 or something. It's not that low because I didn't make the suggested ports. Probably around 27 hz or so...

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring