Sonic Electronix

What does it mean by "Clamped"

idk what it means i hear people say unclamped power and clamped power..

But i need a simple explanation what it is?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

it means people go more indepth with trying to find actual power outputs

they use a amp meter to measure current draw, a volt meter for power for voltage drop, and a volt meter for speaker outputs to measure the power and then do the arithmetic to find it

i just go by ohms law to guesstamate what it might put out

like u take the amps fuseing rating and times it by 12.3v or so and it will give u a power output that the amp cannot exceed due to how its fused, i know this aint that accurate and does not mean an amp will do this but it wont do more than this

like for my amp for instance, 4 30amp fuses = 120amps of fuseing, then times 12.3v will give u 1476watts, this means my amp is built to not exceed 1476watts with the fuseing its raited, now most amps will do this but its just a guesstamation

but this pritty much sums it up, they do this to see an amps output, mostly for spl type stuff, or someone just bored lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

im guessing the camp meters measure using induction?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

it means people go more indepth with trying to find actual power outputs

they use a amp meter to measure current draw, a volt meter for power for voltage drop, and a volt meter for speaker outputs to measure the power and then do the arithmetic to find it

i just go by ohms law to guesstamate what it might put out

like u take the amps fuseing rating and times it by 12.3v or so and it will give u a power output that the amp cannot exceed due to how its fused, i know this aint that accurate and does not mean an amp will do this but it wont do more than this

like for my amp for instance, 4 30amp fuses = 120amps of fuseing, then times 12.3v will give u 1476watts, this means my amp is built to not exceed 1476watts with the fuseing its raited, now most amps will do this but its just a guesstamation

but this pritty much sums it up, they do this to see an amps output, mostly for spl type stuff, or someone just bored lol

the unbolded is a good explanation.

OP, keep in mind that the bolded text is unclamped

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Oh how do you clamp an amp?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

my amp is 1000wrms but it cant exceed the 1400w if it wanted to i dont think lol

but it tells u the actual true rms of ur amp or peak rms i guess, im not good at this kind of stuff but ive seen a few people do it

hell someone even hooked up a jbl crown amp and wired in a saws all and played a 60htz tone to get it moveing and he used it to cut a amp into with it, i cant find the video, it was just something youtube recomended to me but was cool as shit, i think the amp was the gt6000 or something

you do know that an amps signal output is ac voltage dont u? lol i didn't know this for a long time till i found smd

pritty much all an amp really is is a big ass power supply and converts 12vdc to a verable voltage ac current that changes signal output due to what freqency its reproducing, kinda like how u slow down big ass motors for conveyors, u change the htz signal and it changes speed but still runs off of 480v

ive always been amazed with electrionics and electricty, im still learning new stuff everyday, as most of my stuff is basic knowlage as i dont know everything, just know of stuff ive messed around with threw the yrs

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Positive and negative of a DMM in the amps speaker terminals. Clamp meter around the positive wire.

Run some burps at different frequencies and write your displayed numbers down.

Then theirs a formula to determine power output and impedance rise.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

thats input power though, not output.

the amplifier may be 50 - 80% efficient, depending on what type of amp it is, so a 1500watt input may only mean a possible 800 - 1200 watt output.

ohms law means nothing when knowing the power output of an amplifier as a speaker is a reactive load.

meaning, your speaker may be "4 ohms" but in reality, its impedance will vary from 4 ohms to 10 ohm, 20 ohm, or possibly even more! depending on frequency.

this is why people run their amplifiers at half an ohm, quarter an ohm, or whatever, my subs are rising from 1 ohm to about 2- 3 ohm depending on the frequency, with a peak of about 10 ohms at the boxes resonant frequency, which is about 28Hz.

Archived