Sonic Electronix

any suggestions for alternator whine?

could be the alternator bearing on the pulley

This is a rf noise. Not a mechanical noise under the hood. Guy @ alt shop tested & said it was good. I got another pretested alt for car I might just put on to c if that does anything

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

Im not sure but have you cleaned your ground, like sanded off of paint?

Maybe rcas are to close to power and ground wires? Idk if that might help or not.

Posible headunit or amp? Im puzzled as much as you are

. Grounds were sanded down with a wizz wheel to shiny metal. Power wire comes up pass side & rcas r down drivers side. I did kind of screw up by putting an 18g wire off batt in rear up the drivers side by rcas up to power headunit but I've already disconnected that & ran a new 1 outside of passenger side of car for testing and that didn't do nothing.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

little trick for mine, the metal jacket around the rcas that grounds them, take a pliers and squeeze them together a little bit so when you plug in your rcas they push more into the contacts, do it for all of them, they should take a bit of force to slide into the amps rca ports, and the decks rca ports, that not touching well will introduce lots and lots of noise!! worth a try, just dont damage your rcas :D

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

It's possible that your ignition wires need to be replaced. if the shield has been nicked they will emit a lot of RF. 10-15000 volts of pulsating DC can wreck an audio signal. If your car has 50k miles or more it may be worth it just to replace them anyway.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

New ngk wires, plugs, cap and rotor installed bout 6 months ago(1700 miles)

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

New ngk wires, plugs, cap and rotor installed bout 6 months ago(1700 miles)

Still check to see if all the plug wires are secure. Also, I'd try starting your car with the alternator wire unhooked (secure it so it won't ground out or get caught in the fan belt) and see if the problem persists. If so it's probably a good time to upgrade it. Also try unhooking your RCAs at the amp, and plug in a ipod directly into the amp to see if you still get whine. You can also hook up a pair of headphones to the RCA's from the radio. You'd have to get adaptors from Radio Shack (while they still carry that kind of thing)

My money is on the alternator.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

1) you state that you had no wine before. You added a battery in the back and redid wiring and now you are getting wine

What wiring did you redo

2) Take additional batt out the equation. test and see if you are still getting wine with batt out

3) what type of hu you have? I know pioneers are notorious for this ( just checking)

4) run hu from a friends car if possible ( take his rcas, get some extenders and run them into your amp) and play from his car and see if you get wine

If yes to 4

try swapping your amp out for another one if possible....

hope this helps

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

btw some people could have already posted some of these suggestions i dunno, i just seen the topic and thew a few things out there

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I just added a metra noise filter on the power in to headunit. Didn't do anything... I only have 1 battery but I moved it to back by amps. I got 2 seperate 1/0 negatives coming off battery to 2 seperate locations and paint was removed to make a good ground.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

you upgrade the front battery ground?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.