Sonic Electronix

i have nothing to base this off of, but I think it would be worse to clip the input signal than to clip the output signal of an amplifier. I am probably wrong though.

Yeah, you're wrong. Clipping either is bad.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

im just curious how the system was scoped and how everything has been set up...i dont care who you are, if youre not happy with the equipment look at the install. if youre still not happy, i dont know if you really know what youre looking for...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i have nothing to base this off of, but I think it would be worse to clip the input signal than to clip the output signal of an amplifier. I am probably wrong though.

i think you misunderstood...not anywhere did he state one clipped signal was good and the other bad. he said WORSE.

Skippy...i need a couple minutes to think through your statement. i see your logic and where youre coming from...

Edited by TeamHT

yes, I didn't mean one clipping is good and the other is bad.

My thought is this, amplifying a clipped signal is worse than an amplifier clipping a clean signal. Again, it is just a guess, seemed to make sense so I said it :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

If you get into heavy clipping when burping you will see resonance nodes on the termlab's frequency graph at 1/2, double and 4x the frequency you burped at. So if you do a clipped burp at 50hz you'll see little bumps at 25hz and 100hz, if your termlab is set to measure that high.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i think you misunderstood...not anywhere did he state one clipped signal was good and the other bad. he said WORSE.

Skippy...i need a couple minutes to think through your statement. i see your logic and where youre coming from...

I realize this, but I stated what I did because clipping either is bad. The extent to which you clip either is what will determine which is worse.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

So...a clipped input signal will still output the same amount of distortion?

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I think ill oscope it to a point for daily and a point for demoing and burps.

I absolutely love the kit when I push it into "clip" it gets brutally loud. But at the clipped point its not enough because I know how much louder it goes... if you know what I mean.

I scoped it with a 0dB 50hz tone.

I tested propper droppers (at headrest door open) and it did 155.2dB, but that was before it was scoped. It doesn't seem as loud as it was then, but until I TL it I don't know.

I'm just curious, when you scoped it what tones did you use and what were their amplitudes? If you used a 0dB tone, then that's probably why.

yep. i use a -6db tone. i learned that from Ray.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.