using diodes to step up voltage

oh shit, i looked at the diaphram, i know what you're talking about now... maybe i need to put the diodes there??

It's not in a diagram in this thread man late model GM vehicles read the load off of the ground (what are you talking about 1/0 this has to do with the cars electrical) and then charge accordingly. Read up on it... There are three modes, economy (no charge), charge (12.9-14.7'ish), and start (15-15.8'ish) which tops off the battery. If there isn't a load and it's hot out the ECU tells the system to stop charging to conserve fuel or low charge (12.9-13.x).

Maybe the cars don't have it, but I thought all models did as of 07. The only way I know of to force it to charge is to run one of your amps through the pickup which is on my list for this spring (going to run 4g from my 4 chan through it so it sees a load).

i was told somethin like this about my fusion also. except i was told this about running any vcm

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

@ Loudcivic - Is there any way you can help me find a spec sheet for my car? I haven't had any luck. It's a 2002 PT Cruiser 2.4L SOHC non-turbo automatic.

I REALLY want to do this to my car, if it is possible.

I appreciate any and all help!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

purplehaze: im not sure on yours. this is wut it says about your charging system. also this is for a 2003 but should be the same since nothing changed

The Electronic Voltage Regulator (EVR) is not a

separate component. It is actually a voltage regulating

circuit located within the Powertrain Control

Module (PCM). The EVR is not serviced separately. If

replacement is necessary, the PCM must be replaced.

OPERATION

The amount of DC current produced by the generator

is controlled by EVR circuitry contained within

the PCM. This circuitry is connected in series with

the generators second rotor field terminal and its

ground.

Voltage is regulated by cycling the ground path on

SBEC vehicles or the power side on the NGC vehicles,

to control the strength of the rotor magnetic

field. The EVR circuitry monitors system line voltage

at the PDC and calculated battery temperature or

inlet air temperature sensor (refer to Inlet Air Temperature

Sensor, if equipped, for more information ).

It then determines a target charging voltage. If

sensed battery voltage is lower than the target voltage,

the PCM feeds the field winding until sensed

battery voltage is at the target voltage. A circuit in

the PCM cycles the feed side of the generator field at

250 times per second (250Hz), but has the capability

to feed the field control wire 100% of the time (full

field) to achieve the target voltage. If the charging

rate cannot be monitored (limp-in), a duty cycle of

20% is used by the PCM in order to have some generator

output. Also refer to Charging System Operation

for additional information

so it is regulated a totally different way then most. the pcm regulates it so i cant help with this vehicle since i dont have no experience with that type of charging system. if i had one in front of me to work on i could figure it out but not by just reading. it says about the target voltage so that would be between the battery and pcm. if you could figure out a way to trick it into thinking the battery is only reading say 11 volts then i would think it would bump up your voltage. you may be able to put a diode in between the wire that goes to the battery that tells the pcm what voltage thats at but im not sure which wire that is. this diagram is kinda hard to read. i will look at it some more but here it is for you to look at

ptalt.jpg

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

the pcm regulates it

Man I really appreciate your time. I came up w/ the same conclusion, I think the key is what you said up there. I think I'd have to wire in some sort of by-pass to the pcm. If I knew more about electronics, I'd say it could be done. But unfortunately I don't, so I'LL probably end up having to go with a mod from MLA. I know I really could use that extra voltage.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived