How-to for 110watt HID headlights! EXPIEREMENT

First off this is just a tutorial, and my recommendations from my testings and trouble shooting experiences doing so!

First off you need a few things!

~ Tools to remove your current headlights, and install HID lighting. A few common things screw drivers, zipties, butt-connectors, crimp camps, electrical tape, small socket or wrench set (my prefered method is soldering all connections with silver solder for the absolute best connection and then heat shrinking soldered wires).

~ 4 55watt HID Ballast (all 4 most be the same)!

~ 2 HID bulbs (bulb temp/color is to your choice)!

~ 2 HID Ballast Fused wiring kits ( a must have since the amount of current draw is more then a typical stock halogen bulb). BEWARE THAT IF YOU CHOSE TO NOT USE THE HID BALLAST FUSED WIRING KITS THAT STOCK OEM WIRE COULD MELT AND CAUSE FIRE!!!!

Now onto the How-to!!

Im just going to show how to do 1 HID bulb setup, for your other headlight you would do the same exact thing!!

First off, you need your 4 ballasts, 2 ballast per headlight. The 4 ballasts on the right of this picture I will be using!

2011-02-09192122-1.jpg

Must use 55Watt ballasts, this WILL NOT work with 35watt ballasts, only 55watt ballasts from any manufacture. 35Watt ballasts are built cheaper and will only last a short time from testing!!!!

2011-04-04225242.jpg

Here are the 2 Heavy Duty Fused Relay wiring harness, 1 per headlight!

2011-04-04225157.jpg

My 2 HID bulbs of choice.

2011-04-04225219.jpg

First you want to take your 2 matching HID Ballasts and connect the HID Bulb outputs, This is simular to Strapping a pair of Amplifiers. Same concept.

Once connected they should look like this.

2011-04-04225317.jpg

Next, you want to take your Fused HID Ballast relay wiring harness, and connect to both ballasts like pictured.

Keep in mind that you see 2 plugs that you would plug your oem harness into, only 1 plug per harness would be used. The other plug can be taped off.

The factory headlight harness that plugs into this harness is what turns the new 110 Watt HIDs on/off. The other side of the harness has 2 wires, a Positive and a Negative that gets connected to your vehicles battery to supply the HID Ballasts with all the needed juice!

2011-04-04225438.jpg

Your last step is to connect the HID Bulb to the HID harness, self explanatory.

2011-04-04225637.jpg

You then want to repeat these steps over for your other headlight.

When you are finished you have 2 110 Watt HID headlights to blind all them motherfuckers on the road!!!!!!

Kids and non-experienced installers please do not try this at home, These are very powerful and COULD KILL YOU!!

This was something I was just thinking up seeing all these ballasts here.

I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS WILL WORK OR IF IT WONT, OR WHAT WILL COME OF THIS IF DONE. DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU GOT SOME OLD BALLASTS AND BULBS TO TRY, AND EVEN THEN I WOULD TRY THIS IN A OPEN WELL VENTILATED AREA AND POSSIBLY HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER ON HAND!

I will be trying this shortly on some old ballasts and bulbs and will make a video, unless someone beats me to the idea first.

But this was just too funny to post :)

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Got a Video of yours working? wanna see what they look like

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

yes, but how long do the bulbs last?

No Idea, try it and let me know the outcome bahahahhaaha

Got a Video of yours working? wanna see what they look like

No, maybe you can try it??!?!?

THIS IS JUST FOR LOLs, and I figured its better then most the tutorials I see floating around the net, this one just aint true.

Tho I do want to try it, but not with brand new hid kits, but I will be sure to try it on the old ballasts im taking out of my truck soon! :)

yes, but how long do the bulbs last?

well thas just a simple equation. 110 watts.. which is twice normal so x2 so we have 220. and that took 8 ballasts. so dived that by 8 and we get 27.5 then multiply by the number of hours in a day whch gives us 660. sooooo 660 days good sir!!! :drinks:

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

nah... ill pass... just got my new jeep wanna keeps it for a while.. cant afford fire

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

And now you have something bright enough to use during the 24 hours of Le Mans :lol:

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread