'91 Civic hatchback wall build

great build man, but i have a question about your alt. i had one from those same guys for my car and it was absolutely terrible. it took ~3 seconds for it to actually detect a load and output more power, and at idle i would constantly drop down to low 12's high 11's. do you have the same problem?

So far, no problems at all. Then again, I don't have a system in the car........ so all I can do is turn on headlights, heater blower, etc. Voltage is 14.53 at idle, drops to 14.4 with headlights AND heater on high.

We'll see how it goes when we get rolling. Time will tell. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll pay attention to it as we go.

Perfect power for them subs bro...loving the whole father-son part...i have a daughter so unless she turns into a boy one night im on my own...

Yep. And thanks. At this stage of the game, I'm just glad he still wants to hang out with dad at all. My 18-yr old son is hardly ever around anymore, so it's just him and me on this build. I have a 16-yr old daughter as well, and she likes nice systems and loves electronics, but she doesn't much care for the garage.......or sawdust.....

We are planning on using a pair of Audiopipe AP15001D amps (budget build, remember?). One amp on each pair of subs. Subs are dual 4 ohm, so the amp will see a one ohm load when wired in parallel.

Sounds good bro check out my build im updating pics today...

This is why I had to remove half the drivetrain to get the alt in:

SANY0541.jpg

SANY0543.jpg

Once I finally got it in place, I had a heck of a time getting it to slide in far enough to allow the belt to go around the pulley, because the body of the alt was so much bigger than stock, it hit the engine.....

Finally got it:

SANY0546.jpg

Big 3 now complete:

SANY0547.jpg

got 2 love little car

small car's + big subs=fun time :drinks:

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Even for those to be entry level they're still nice

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer