'91 Civic hatchback wall build

Do you have alot of window flex? How bad is your voltage drop?

We do have a lot of window flex for the amount of power we have. The windshield moves a lot, especially at the top on the low notes.

We don't have an in-cab voltage meter, and I haven't put my DMM on it to check yet. Like I said, we just have maybe 30 minutes of play time on it, and now the amps are back out so we can build racks and panels in back.

Awesome hair trick, and very nice car man!!

thank you. Have you tried a hair trick :slayer:

Haven't had a girl present when we were playing it, but my son has shaggy hair, and it moves his pretty good. Give us a little time...... :-)

Awesome #'s man. Can't wait to get that demo. Dont know if you remember me. I used to do all of the installs at advantage. Now I just do the custom stuff.

And it looks closer to 55hz.

Yep, I remember you. I took pics of you and Lance for the paper the year you guys had the world record in the "fart wagon". Remember that? Lol.

I can't wait to hear yours. I hope you get time to work on it soon. Holler at me..... I'd love to help with that build.

When are you ever around the shop these days?

And you're right, but we were playing a 53 hz tone. I don't know why it looks like 55 hz on the TL.

Oh yeah I remember you taking that pic. And the damn wagon.

The builders are gonna be here this coming Monday. Then I have to get it wired up and get my tablesaw and all my woodshop stuff set up. So it's gonna be a while before I start on it.

I haven't been around the shop very much lately. I've been busy working at my full-time job and I have a brand new baby girl at home. So here lately it work and straight home to help mama with the baby.

I just might have to take you up on helping me out. Whenever I get my shop done I have 4 huge projects to do. My truck and 3 trucks for the guys at advantage.

Congrats on the new kid!! That is what life is all about right there. And you need to be there every minute that you can, cuz if you miss it once, you can't ever get that time back. Then, when she's older, you'll get to do stuff like this with her (like I'm doing with my son on this build. He is totally the one that got me interested in car audio again...... I've been out of the scene for YEARS).

I'll PM you my cell # and you can sure holler at me if you need some help. Like you, I work a lot, but I make time to play when I can.

I love your wall !

those DD's look nice.

Great numbers so far, and it was just a first try !!!!!!!!!!!:drinks:

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I love your wall !

those DD's look nice.

Great numbers so far, and it was just a first try !!!!!!!!!!!:drinks:

Thanks. We are happy with the DDs so far. They will get broken in, and we will seal up that wall, add a couple of batteries in back, as well as a few other tricks, and then we'll see what she'll do. We just wanted a ground pounder, and I think we will end up with a decent one when it's all said and done.

Whether the old Civic can take the abuse, well.........that's another issue!

Starting on the amp rack (if that's what you wanna call it). It's just a carpeted piece of 1/4" plywood with a plexiglass window so you can look into the spare tire well and see our ugly batteries (that still have not been hooked up).

sany0577y.jpg

By shooterk2 at 2011-04-16

sany0578.jpg

Truck batteries. Hey, anything is better than nothing, right?

sany0580.jpg

My son, measuring and getting ready to screw the amps down.

sany0581.jpg

sany0587y.jpg

sany0584.jpg

At 13 years old, he has single-handedly wired this entire system, including the head unit, pulling seats out and running wires under carpet to the back, power on one side, RCA and speaker wires on the other, etc. I only helped with under-hood stuff (alt installation, big 3, running 1/0 to the back). For having never driven a car (legally anyway), he sure is learning and doing a lot for his age. He will ask me a question about the wiring, I'll answer, and then once he does it and it clicks, it's like he's an expert at it from then on. And just to let ya know, there is absolutely ZERO engine noise in this system, even when we had a cheap Sony amp on the Memphis mids. He amazes me.

He has no interest whatsoever in cutting any wood, however.....

Even though we are far from being done (is anyone ever REALLY done?) with this build, we went ahead and entered the USACI show at Import Face Off in OKC on Sunday, just as a learning experience. We knew we wouldn't win........heck, it's our first competition, and a budget build...........not even sure which class to run, but we figured SB4, and we were right. BUT, we thought they would have music for us to play, so we didn't worry about finding a song. We were wrong.......... so, we sat in line and downloaded a song we had never heard of (DJ Laz, Moments In Bass) that was supposed to have a 53 hz bassline.........which it did, but still didn't seem to be the greatest for what we needed it for.

SANY0607.jpg

We ended up pulling down a 144 (30-second average on music) with that song, which, incredibly, was good enough for third in our class (Street Beat SB4). We were not happy with the results at all, but then again, that's why we entered.........to learn. And we learned a lot. Namely, we learned that we need to be better prepared!

We met some really cool people, made some friends, saw some really cool stuff, and learned that if you take a really cool, simple system, get it LOUD, and be well prepared, you can run in about 10 different classes and win EVERY ONE OF THEM. Chris Fish is THE MAN........

Thanks. We feel like it's pretty loud, and it definitely hits you in the chest on the lower notes, but we would sure like to be posting some better numbers with it. It will take time, however. Still learning what our subs can handle....... I mean, we can get the volume LOUD, but we are trying to be careful......

awesome build.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz