'91 Civic hatchback wall build

DAAAYYUUUMMMMM and the subs look like they are barely moving! You still have a LOT of untapped potential in your system if that is the case. MOAR POWER!

Awesome build though guys. Seriously, great freaking job! :clapping:

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

Thanks for all the positive comments! We are having fun with the system for sure. I was thinking the same thing Bassinblazer said: The subs really aren't moving all that much right now, even though we are giving them more than recommended power. We'll see what we can do about that.....

Perfect power for them subs bro...loving the whole father-son part...i have a daughter so unless she turns into a boy one night im on my own...

Your daughter may be interested. Mine was shaping kick panels @ 9 years old. I posted the pics because I was so proud of her being involved in my hobby. Some of the a$$holes on here got the post locked up. But don't give up hope, she may get interested...

2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion

2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

Build looks great keep up the good work. Get some power on those it tear it up :good:

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

Thanks Aho. Did you get another amp yet? I'm anxious to see what that Camaro will do after you spend some "quality time" with it........

Been playing around with the new SPL LAB meter. Starting to figure out what the car "likes" and "doesn't like" as far as getting better numbers on the dash. I shot this with my phone in less-than-ideal lighting, so please excuse the suckiness of the photo:

SPLondashon4-24-11.jpg

This was just a little while ago. I started out doing mid 147's on the dash, and ended up with this number (after moving some things around in the car, messing with windows, doors, etc). Keep in mind, this car peaks at 53 hz, but the closest thing I have is a 50 hz test tone. My son has a 52 hz tone, but he wasn't with me today. We'll mess around with it some more later, with the correct tone, and hopefully get that elusive 150 on the dash.

Nice build man! Makes me miss mine. I posted it on here a long time ago, and got rid of the car since. I am curious as to why your tuning is so high. Mine peaked at 42hz which was kinda of nice but I think we just didn't have the space for four 15"s. Better numbers will be in your future at the events as you work out the bugs :drinks:

Thanks for all the positive comments! We are having fun with the system for sure. I was thinking the same thing Bassinblazer said: The subs really aren't moving all that much right now, even though we are giving them more than recommended power. We'll see what we can do about that.....

Hey man, just watched the whole topic and i got to say this, I FUCKING LOVE THE CAR!! Nice choise of subs also, but about the power, i can tell you this, i might not be the expert on car audio, but i can asure you i´m one of the few that tried A LOTTTT the 1500 series of DD, i had 3 1510´s doing even nice hairtricks on the trunk of my suzuki swift and scoring 148.1 dbs on a daily box, and i´m gonna tell you this, THOSE SUBS CAN HANDLE ABUSE!!! I had a Cadence C6 (6K @ 16v) for the subs wired at 1.33 ohms, i clamped 933 watts per sub after voltage drops and impedance rise , it was 2800 watts @ 3.8 ohms.

Anyways, what i meant with my last words, is that those subs can take a lot of power, i know your building a great "budget project" , but in orden to get those 1515´s alive you´ll need way more power than that so you don´t have to be worry about impedance rise, i would try something like a pair of AQ2200´s at least or even way more power if you want to shoot for better numbers and getting louder, i know for sure, that my subs came alive once i changed from my hifonics bxi2608D (2600 watts) to my Cadence amplifier.

Thanks Aho. Did you get another amp yet? I'm anxious to see what that Camaro will do after you spend some "quality time" with it........

Been playing around with the new SPL LAB meter. Starting to figure out what the car "likes" and "doesn't like" as far as getting better numbers on the dash. I shot this with my phone in less-than-ideal lighting, so please excuse the suckiness of the photo:

SPLondashon4-24-11.jpg

This was just a little while ago. I started out doing mid 147's on the dash, and ended up with this number (after moving some things around in the car, messing with windows, doors, etc). Keep in mind, this car peaks at 53 hz, but the closest thing I have is a 50 hz test tone. My son has a 52 hz tone, but he wasn't with me today. We'll mess around with it some more later, with the correct tone, and hopefully get that elusive 150 on the dash.

WTF??? dude, give me your email adress, im gonna hook you up with all the tones from my db drag racing disc!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Crash, I'm not sure why the tuning is so high. I kinda thought I was right in the "normal" range for small hatchbacks at 53 hz, but if yours peaked at 42 hz, maybe I was wrong! I'm sure the wall changed the peak as well.

Fecupe2001, we are gradually learning about these subs, and like you said, they can handle a lot more than rated. They claim 500 RMS each, so I figured 3000 RMS would be good......you know, we can keep the gains low, not stress the amps, and just have fun with no worries. Well, we CAN do that, but........ these subs seem to be begging for more power.

We have considered adding a couple more AP1500.1 amps, but then we would be at 2 ohms with each amp. Not where they make their best power. So we are undecided as to what to do. Keeping our eyes open for a couple of larger amps as we speak.

I'll PM you my email, and I sure appreciate it!

Archived